Average flashocolic age

Vlada1911

Newly Enlightened
Hey everyone :) This is my first thread. I was wondering what is average age of people over here. I'm new to flashlights, just a few months ago I started to develop interest in lights. Maybe it would be interesting to see what is your average age and when did you develop interest in flashlights. I'll start : 28 years old/ 28 when I bought first good flashlight(Should arrive soon) . It's your turn :)

LetThereBeLight!

Enlightened
Hey everyone :) This is my first thread. I was wondering what is average age of people over here. I'm new to flashlights, just a few months ago I started to develop interest in lights. Maybe it would be interesting to see what is your average age and when did you develop interest in flashlights. I'll start : 28 years old/ 28 when I bought first good flashlight(Should arrive soon) . It's your turn :)

First, welcome, Vlada1911, to CPF!

Second, it's the age when you first become enLIGHTened! :thumbsup:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
The wheel was a new idea when I was first enlightened.

It was fire on a stick that got me jazzed...
Back then the patent for that had just expired.

Not long after the weapon light was invented.

It's been all good since.

Last edited:

Vlada1911

Newly Enlightened
The wheel was a new idea when I was first enlightened.

It was fire on a stick that got me jazzed...
Back then the patent for that had just expired.

Not long after the weapon light was invented.

It's been all good since.

Soooo... 2008?

MX421

Enlightened
I was wondering the average weight myself...:wave:

Welcome to the forum. There are all ages on here. I'd guess the average age was 37.41 but then my data is lacking :D

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
[h=2]"Average flashocolic age"[/h]
I was very very young when I had my first flash o' colic bout. I cried a lot because of it. I eventually grew out of it naturally, without having to seek treatment.

I was very old when I became a flashoholic. MiniMag LED is what got me hooked on an ever increasing spiral of flashoholic addiction.

How old was I then/am I now? Well, when you listen to a radio station that "Plays the greatest hits of the 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, 00's, and now!" you know you are very old.

PROTOOLNUT

Newly Enlightened
Well, you know your a flashaholic when you rather spend the night with your tiny monster, rather then be with that woman. I am not quite a flashaholic yet, I am working my way there hehe

firsttothescene

Enlightened
I became hooked at @ 3-4 years old. Radio shack used to have a coupon in the Sunday paper frequently in the early seventies for a free flashlight ( just a cheap plastic one ) and that's how it started for me.
It kind of mellowed out in my 20's because the lights were not the greatest (1980's) then but as soon as LEDs came out I was hooked again. LEDs just really fascinate me.

PROTOOLNUT

Newly Enlightened
I became hooked at @ 3-4 years old. Radio shack used to have a coupon in the Sunday paper frequently in the early seventies for a free flashlight ( just a cheap plastic one ) and that's how it started for me.
It kind of mellowed out in my 20's because the lights were not the greatest (1980's) then but as soon as LEDs came out I was hooked again. LEDs just really fascinate me.

WOW, you got started when you were really young dude. My mom would have never let me have a flashlight when I was that age. lol I can just imagine you storming into your parents room at night blasting that flashlight in their faces lol

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, you know your a flashaholic when you rather spend the night with your tiny monster, rather then be with that woman. ... ... ...
:lolsign:

This post made me laugh out loud so hard that my sides hurt.

I had this same exact problem for many years before I became acquainted with performance flashlights!

Vlada1911

Newly Enlightened
So far not many answers that would help any scientific study but fun read anyway :)

nbp

Flashaholic
Not everyone wants to give away personal details on the open board. We'll see how this goes, but protecting such information is part of the point of an anonymous forum, especially for minors. Tread lightly.

Also, we're moving this to the Cafe.

FRITZHID

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I became a flashaholic back when dirt was still a rock....
Built my first arc lamp when I was about 9yo. Always had a fascination with lights, 30 yrs later, little has changed. Still fascinated, still building, still getting looks from others when I stop dead in my tracks/conversations just to look at some new light.

Vlada1911

Newly Enlightened
Not everyone wants to give away personal details on the open board. We'll see how this goes, but protecting such information is part of the point of an anonymous forum, especially for minors. Tread lightly.

Also, we're moving this to the Cafe.
Oh, that didn't cross my mind. Well, maybe than members can make this tread into something they are comfortable with :)

markr6

Flashaholic
I'll be 35 soon. I believe you can find anyone's age these days for free, so no point hiding it here. I caught the bug around 30 when I first found out that flashlights was a "thing". Now, it seems like a "normal" hobby to be :)

deKatt

Newly Enlightened
My first electric flashlight was one of those 2-AA penlights with the bulb that had a tiny lens built in. But I got my first light from a guy named Prometheus, which gives you an idea of how old I am.

PROTOOLNUT

Newly Enlightened
Yes well, I got a blue pill from a guy named Morpheous. Sure it was creepy at the time taking a pill from a total stranger. But the guy said he had the answers to my issues, so I thought, why not just take the darn thing and see where things go. Well, I got hooked on flashlights after that and its been a downhill spiral ever since lol. On a serious note I love flashlights, and if I had the money, I'd buy every single model of light from all the major manufacturers.

The only reason I state on the board that I am working towards being a flashaholic, is because I don't know how to mod a light yet. I figure once I learn modding skills, I can officially take the title flashaholic for real, instead of just honorary. I know I know, I am being dumb, but I just don't want to tread on those who have earned their title, I actually do have respect for those who know more then I do about lights. :)