Samsung 25R 18650 WILL THEY WORK??

Rowntree

Newly Enlightened
Samsung 25R's are good high drain batteries, yes they will work but there only 2500mah and not ideal. You be better off going for some higher capacity batteries to use with the X60m. I recommend Nitecore NL189 3400mah, however they don't come cheap. A cheaper option is the Panasonic NCR18650B 3400mah, there still very good in my opinion & less than half the price. Enjoy the x60m, it's a great flashlight. :)

dmoss8928

Newly Enlightened
Do you know a good place to order / buy one from the X60M that is... and where do you guys buy your batteries from?

bartko09

Enlightened
But the SR25 is pretty awesome also. And RTDElectronix.com has it as well [emoji6]

Rowntree

Newly Enlightened
a "protected" Li-Ion has a small electronic circuit integrated into the cell packaging. It protects against common dangers, such as overcharge, overdischarge, short-circuit (overcurrent), and temperature. These cells are safer to use, both individually and in batteries. They are less likely to ignite and cause personal or property damage, a phenomenon known as "venting with flame." Unprotected cells do not have this protection circuit, so they can have more capacity and current capability than protected cells. Some cells, such as 10440 (AAA), are too small to accomodate a protection circuit and are only available in unprotected form. Users must decide whether they prefer to stick with protected cells or accept the bigger responsibility and danger associated with unprotected cells.

It's alway's good safe practice to A) Always use a decent intelligent battery charger. B) Never leave batteries charging unattended I.e leaving the house, same practice that you'd use with a tumble dryer.

Like mentioned previously I highly recommend the Protected Panasonic NCR18650B batteries, they will be perfectly suited for your needs.

dmoss8928

Newly Enlightened
Thanks so much Rowntree for dumbing it down for me... Makes sense now haha last question promise it looks like bang good.com has the best price on the X60M have you ever ordered from them??? And what charger do you have??

Rowntree

Newly Enlightened
I've never ordered from that site, I tent to buy my batteries from sellers on eBay. I use a Nitecore D4 intelligent charger. :)

ven

Flashaholic
Yes, the acebeam chargers are not great, can end up with different Voltages, also dont leave the cells in the light if not using, remove from carrier if possible due to parasitic drain.

6 x samsung 30Q cells will be another good option, 15a and 3000mah(well priced to)

dmoss8928

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the reply ven... No just to find a good place to order the X60M lol.... but I get the Nitecore D4 intelligent charger and then a dual charger so I can charge all 6 at one time and if I get the protected batteries I shouldn't have to worry about the charger over charging them right...

ven

Flashaholic
Not sure how protected would fit, may be a bit tight in the carrier due to the extra length.

On my acebeams/thrunites with carriers, i use IMR/INR cells(so no PCB) and never have any issues. I simply learn the light, if used top the cells back up if i plan on using again. Lock out on the light if possible(lights with carriers tend to take quite a few turns to break contact and lock out).

Slight problem with using 2 different chargers, may end up with different charged cells. If you work to the min and max of +/- 0.05v, then although unlikely you could have some cells 4.15v and 4.25v(unlikely but both are actually in spec).

Cheap MM would be useful for this light(and others) to keep an eye on the V , after use, after charging etc and you will soon learn the light( maybe after 1hr you are down to 3.6v as an example).

HKe outside the states for ordering if cant find local, never had an issue with them! If want to stay your side(presuming USA) then maybe drop a mail to going gear, illumn supply , andrew & amanda to see if the can source one(if not in stock).

Vinh may have some stock or order in
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?386489-X60Mvn-XL-Searchlight

dmoss8928

Newly Enlightened
So I would need to get the flat bottom batteries for the X60M carrier? or will button bottom work as well?

ven

Flashaholic
Both should work, i tend to use flat tops but dont have this actual light! I have 3 and 4 cell carriers for my acebeam lights though, these will take both.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Found these for a pretty good price as anyone ever order from this site? http://www.gearbest.com/batteries/pp_189833.html

They're a good battery and Panasonic rates them at 2C, which is 7A, but the Acebeam 60M needs cells that can handle 5A and up. The problem is is that you're approaching that limit for the NCR-B and while they'll work fine, you might not get the longevity out of them that you might if you used the 25Rs (I have a modified Supfire M6 and bought four button top 25Rs, since that light pulls about 7A+ at the tail.)

Any of the newer 10A hybrids should be fine, since they have capacities approaching 3500mAh, they are rated for 10A continuous and you get them for $7-$8 in naked form.

Samsung 30Q

LG MJ1

Sanyo-Panasonic NCR18650GA

Those three would be what I'd be looking for.

If you're just going to be blasting the raccoons out in the back, or showing off to your friends over a few beers, once in a while, then the NCR-Bs would be fine, but be aware of fakes and buy from reputable people like Mountain Electronics, Orbtronic, IMR batteries, among other places.

Chris

kj2

Flashaholic
Tried my 25R's in my Fenix TK75 a few weeks back, but they didn't work. Light worked perfectly when I installed my ET 3400 batteries. But do think it's the light, that causes the problem. Because it also doesn't work with my ET 3100 batteries.