Male or female?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stfc69

Newly Enlightened
I was wondering if this is a predominantly male hobby or are there many female flashaholics on here? :wave:

nbp

Flashaholic
While there are female members they probably will not wish to reveal themselves.

PROTOOLNUT

Newly Enlightened
Males are more typically interested in technology then woman. [content removed by Admin, off-topic]

Its really all about what you enjoy I guess, but I wouldn't mind men and woman coming together over their love for something as simple as a flashlight, that be so cool. But hey, thats just my opinion. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

PROTOOLNUT

Newly Enlightened
Hmm, looks like I picked the wrong hobby :ohgeez:

STC there is no such thing as the wrong hobby. What is important is that you do what you enjoy, that is what I was trying to say in my last message. Do what you love, be happy with what you do, that is all that matters. Who cares about all these society stereotypes, just be yourself. You have my vote :)

Kestrel

Flashaholic
This can be a bit of a tricky topic; to avoid the issue of stereotyping / etc (which would rapidly get us off-topic for this thread), I would ask that posters please take an above-normal degree of care in the content of their replies for this thread; thanks in advance. :)

PROTOOLNUT

Newly Enlightened
It was only meant as a light hearted question really, boredom had set in :tired:

STC hehe, I get board sometimes, you know what I do? I hit the switch on one of my flashlights and enjoy a moment of lighting up the darkness with divine CREE light powered by divine lithium goodness. I gurrantee you won't be board or sad for much longer. Try that next time you get board. Infact, I love to do nature walks because I love the outdoors, so instead of going during the day, go at night so you can light up everything with your flashlight. Its fun! :D

PROTOOLNUT

Newly Enlightened
We get it all around here; light reading, light humor, light eating, etc. ;)

Unless STC objects, I consider STC a friend in my book. I will publicly state that I mean no ill will towards them, and I would welcome a little bit of extra color into the awesomeness of the flashlight world. ;)

stfc69

Newly Enlightened
Unless STC objects, I consider STC a friend in my book. I will publicly state that I mean no ill will towards them, and I would welcome a little bit of extra color into the awesomeness of the flashlight world. ;)

There's far too much animosity in the world, we should all be friends :)

PROTOOLNUT

Newly Enlightened
There's far too much animosity in the world, we should all be friends :)

I agree, which is why I am already thinking about updating my sig, because there is a lot of darkness out there, we need flashlights to light up the darkness so we can see the good there is in the world. ;)

GLHunter

Newly Enlightened
I am glad we've established that, now what is your favorite flashlight and why?

When I was a youngster, my dad bought a five D cell chrome plated incandescent flashlight for me. And I was really impressed with it. But that was many moons ago, and that particular flashlight is no more.

Now that my interest in emergency lighting has increased due to the introduction of LED technology, I now have four LED lanterns and five LED flashlights.

Right now I prefer my Nitecore EA41 for home emergencies, and my Nitecore MT20A for EDC duty... But, of course, I continue searching for the Holy Grail of LED lights. :laughing:

PROTOOLNUT

Newly Enlightened
When I was a youngster, my dad bought a five D cell chrome plated incandescent flashlight for me. And I was really impressed with it. But that was many moons ago, and that particular flashlight is no more.

Now that my interest in emergency lighting has increased due to the introduction of LED technology, I now have four LED lanterns and five LED flashlights.

Right now I prefer my Nitecore EA41 for home emergencies, and my Nitecore MT20A for EDC duty... But, of course, I continue searching for the Holy Grail of LED lights. :laughing:

Oh my gosh, the light was chromium? WOW! That would impress me too if that was given to me. I've seen these golden lights from Olight and they make my mouth water. I think that indicates I have a problem, I should really get that checked hehe. I too am always on the search for the holy grail of lights. If I had the money, I would buy the biggest baddest light I could.

I saw this video on youtube once where this guy made this custom build, I believe it was 20,000 lumens, sucker ran off of a big cahoona battery whatever it was, thing lit up the night like there was no night. My jaw litterally dropped to the floor. He built it well though, cause obviously a light of that magnatude is going to produce some serious heat, and he had good heat dissapation with that thing, but holy cow, that thing was like the holly grail of lights. lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.