NITECORE -- Keep Innovating        
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789

Thread: **Team CandlePowerForums** for SETI@home !

Default Re: **Team CandlePowerForums** for SETI@home !

Hi there Dan,
    Still doing my part as well; with the cooler fall temperatures (and lower interior/house temps), I may up the duty cycle on a few of my machines ...

Flashaholic

Default Re: Announcing **Team CandlePowerForums** for SETI@home !

Hello everyone.
    I hope you're doing well and ready for the coming holidays. With the cool weather finally here and some used parts coming in, I'm ready to turn the wick back up on the seti project. Although the amd A10-7860 with the 3 gt1030's did a good job over the summer I wasn't happy with the over all avg credit per watt used, so I went looking for another cheap intel motherboard. I finally found one I could afford, and big enough to run 3 video cards total. Also got two used 1050 cards for a good price. I now have a i5 3470 (4core 4 thread) soon to be a i7 3770 (4core 8 thread) with two gtx1050's and a gt1030 running. It's using about 190 watts give or take same as the amd but were the A10-7860 settled down to 11500 RAC, I'm hoping for more from the intel setup. I really like building with this old hardware and look forward to helping us move up on the ratings board. Still Crunching!

Hey, was just thinking about this old thread & happy to see that it was still going, more or less. :-)

Still running my old laptop 'farm'; a couple of them are in my office at work so at least that's free wattage. I have turned down my 4-core Android just a notch this past summer because the prior battery only lasted 14 months before severe swelling - reduced lifetime due to heat - a 12 month warranty on that of course.

So ~$100 at Batteries Plus and I was back in business.
    I have found a nice little app that does a good job of monitoring battery temp, so have now configured things so that the battery only gets to ~36degC (max) rather than 40C previously.

The price we pay for workunits.
    Last edited by Kestrel; 11-21-2018 at 09:43 AM.

Flashaholic

Well, summer is here and it's time to shut down my machine in the house. I'm not sure what I might cobble together this year if anything to run with lower RAC to reduce the heat output. The outside shed is still an option but requires a lot of setup. We'll see.

Ya I know; house is warming up here as well so have throttled down one on my laptops. But am still chipping away at E.T.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789