Ultrafire Cree Q5 Mini light?

Razroid

Newly Enlightened
Has anybody heard of the Ultrafire cree Q5?

I got myself one at $3 to be my EDC light and it came in today.
I thought it would use 18650's but I was mistaken about how small it was and it takes AA batteries.

According to the website, it can output 240 to 350 lm (which I highly doubt). The stock brightness aint too bad but I'm looking to pack a little more into this, could anybody give me some advice?

So far I have found out that the 14500 is the size of an AA so that would fit in the light. Could I upgrade the emitter to something brighter?

Here are some photos:

W11PnXO.jpg

hQkz1fv.jpg

XuneeyL.jpg

Whoever designed this thought it would be a good idea to include a strike bezel on such a cute flashlight. Oh and its not possible to stand the light on it's "face", the aspherical lens protrudes out too much and would get scratched if you placed it down that way :/
I wonder if I can find a glass lens of that size ._.

derfyled

Flashlight Enthusiast
108 views and no help yet?

A 3$ light does not worth an upgrade unless you do it for fun. A brighter LED will cost you more than the entire light.

Before trying a 14500, be sure the driver can support it (I doubt it...) or you will fry the board.

If you change the lens, you'll loose the aspheric throw and the light will then be mainly flood. If you want to try it, you may find the right sized lens on some Chinese lights and gadget sites.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Simple upgrade to XR-E R2 EZ900

Mod with XP-G2 S4 and driver suitable for 4.2v. De dome for more throw if required.