[BEAMSHOTS] Olight M2X-UT, Armytek Predator Pro LE v.3, Prime Pro C2, Wizard Pro v.3

Cool white or warm white?

• Total voters

clemence

Newly Enlightened
It's rare to find recent beamshots for Armytek Predator LE Pro v.3. So now I'm posting it :wave:
There are 78 high resolution pictures but, most people would only interested in the max mode. If I post them all in here I might get yelled again for being a bandwidth robber just like at the other forum. Do anyone know any good GIF maker with full resolution capability?

I have adjusted the exposure by +25% because I used too low of an ISO, and I shot at the wrong time of moon phase required me to set a problematic sweet spot for the exposure time. The first several pictures were taken with heavy cloud covered the moon. Then the rest is gradually brighter by up to +1/3EV as the moon rose up. Yet the pictures are still slightly darker than the actual they were.
The flashlights were mounted 1,5 meter high on a tripod while I shot about 4 meters from the left side to capture the light beam, unfortunately the weather was clear with minimal fog.

Kebon100 - Control Shot + by Clemence Ronald, on Flickr

Kebon103 - M2XUT High + by Clemence Ronald, on Flickr

Kebon104 - M2XUT High Diff + by Clemence Ronald, on Flickr

Kebon110 - Predator Pro LE XPLHICW 06 Max+ by Clemence Ronald, on Flickr

Kebon116 - Predator Pro LE XPLHI WW 06 Max+ by Clemence Ronald, on Flickr

Kebon123 - Prime C2 Pro XPLHD CW 07 Max+ by Clemence Ronald, on Flickr

Kebon130 - Prime C2 Pro XPLHD WW 07 Max+ by Clemence Ronald, on Flickr

Kebon137 - Wizard Pro XPLHD WW 07 Max+ by Clemence Ronald, on Flickr

Kebon200 - Control Shot by Clemence Ronald, on Flickr

Kebon203 - M2XUT High by Clemence Ronald, on Flickr

Kebon204 - M2XUT High Diff by Clemence Ronald, on Flickr

Kebon210 - Predator Pro XPLHI CW Max by Clemence Ronald, on Flickr

Kebon216 - Predator Pro XPLHI WW Max by Clemence Ronald, on Flickr

Kebon223 - Prime Pro C2 CW Max by Clemence Ronald, on Flickr

Kebon230 - Prime Pro C2 WW Max by Clemence Ronald, on Flickr

Kebon237 - Wizard Pro v3 WW Max by Clemence Ronald, on Flickr

From above shots you can see that there's no really all in one flashlight that covers all the need when you (for example take a hiking trip). The great light saber like thrower is not very useful in medium range less than 100m. The M2XUT (and also the "UT" series) have too wide of a spill to cover areas longer than 50m while the hotspot is just too small for 100m range. I think Armytek's Barracuda would be better with it's better spill:spot ratio. Though the M2X-UT is still my preferred one for night focusing photography companion. The overall winner is the Prime for it's excellent 0-75m range, followed by LE V.3 Predator for 50-150m. Wizard is the clear winner for any uses with range less than 50 meter, very nice even beam with no blinding hot spot even in max mode. I love all the warm tint better. Easier to my eyes. Don't really know about how the warmer tint penetrate the fog, I'll update later with more valid test. But based on my experiences, the warmer tint reflection weren't as harsh as the cooler tinted.
Enjoy! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's a WW/NW PP LE XPL HI available now?

clemence

Newly Enlightened
Yup, love the WW tint. I think it's closer to 4000K
Ow, I forgot to also put the pictures of the flashlight themselves.....:oops:
I'll add them today

Last edited:

RemcoM

Enlightened
How can, my M2X UT, shines more intense, with 2 new CR 123A rechargeable batteries, than with a 18650.

How is this possible?

clemence

Newly Enlightened
How can, my M2X UT, shines more intense, with 2 new CR 123A rechargeable batteries, than with a 18650.

How is this possible?
2xCR123A combo has 6V total voltage, higher than 1x18650 which is 4,2V. I don't like to use CR123A especially in max mode for prolonged time, the battery would overheat. But it's just simply too costly for everyday uses hahahaha. To get brighter (and longer burn time) I just use 2x18650 ;). The main advantage of M2X-UT is the throw vs size, if you don't really care about portability, you better off with M3XS-UT it's much better in every aspects.

Cheers,
Clemence

Last edited:

RemcoM

Enlightened
2xCR123A combo has 6V total voltage, higher than 1x18650 which is 4,2V. I don't like to use CR123A especially in max mode for prolonged time, the battery would overheat. But it's just simply too for everyday costly hahahaha. To get brighter (and longer burn time) I just use 2x18650 ;). The main advantage of M2X-UT is the throw vs size, if you don't really care about portability, you better off with M3XS-UT it's much better in every aspects.

Cheers,
Clemence

So, its true, that the M2X UT shines more intense....higher kcD, with 2 CR123 A batteries? Than with one 18650?

Do you have a car?

Can you compare your M2X UT, against your carhighbeams?

Can you send me a PM to me, about it?

Then can we talk further about that.

Thank you.

Last edited:

clemence

Newly Enlightened
So, its true, that the M2X UT shines more intense....higher kcD, with 2 CR123 A batteries? Than with one 18650?

Do you have a car?

No, I don't have it. But I plan to make another beamshot with one and two 18650. Or....wait....I'll do it right now

clemence

Newly Enlightened

Do you have a car?

Then can we talk further about that.

Thank you.

Hi RemCom, apparently I was wrong!
I must have used almost discharged 18650 back then. The same happened when I took these pictures for you. It was brighter with 2 cells but then I was curious if the battery were adequately charged.....they were NOT! Each held less than 20% (rough approximate measurement using Xtar VC2 Master Plus). After the batteries were fully charged, I took another shots. And the result:

As you can see, there's no differences in both outputs. If there's any it's because of the slight misaligned origin and the height difference from the battery extender. I used Xtar 3400mah protected 18650.
My advice is to check whether you're using a good 18650 cell or not. Try to use different battery. I had same problem with the very well known bad *****fire brand.

I hope this helps

Last edited:

RemcoM

Enlightened
Hi RemCom, apparently I was wrong!
I must have used almost discharged 18650 back then. The same happened when I took these pictures for you. It was brighter with 2 cells but then I was curious if the battery were adequately charged.....they were NOT! Each held less than 20% (rough approximate measurement using Xtar VC2 Master Plus). After the batteries were fully charged, I took another shots. And the result:

As you can see, there's no differences in both outputs. If there's any it's because of the slight misaligned origin and the height difference from the battery extender. I used Xtar 3400mah protected 18650.
My advice is to check whether you're using a good 18650 cell or not. Try to use different battery. I had same problem with the very well known bad *****fire brand.

I hope this helps

Hi,

Thanks for the beam shots,

But how can, that i measure only 130 kcd, with a 18650 battery and 230 kcd, with 2 rechargeable cheap i think, CR123 A battery,s?

With a light meter, of a friend, but not know, if the meter is accurate/correct, but its now significantly brighter..throws much farther.

It was always underpowered, with 1 18650, since i have it for a year now, but its now, well overpowered, with 230 kcd, with 2 rechargeable CR123 A battery,s.

So, thats positive news, of a light, that was really underpowered, with one 18650...so, now its overpowered he he!

I was lighting up a tree, at 800 meters distance, quite easily.

So, i have new hope for the M2X UT.

Last edited:

clemence

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

Thanks for the beam shots,

But how can, that i measure only 130 kcd, with a 18650 battery and 230 kcd, with 2 rechargeable cheap i think, CR123 A battery,s?

With a light meter, of a friend, but not know, if the meter is accurate/correct, but its now significantly brighter..throws much farther.

It was always underpowered, with 1 18650, since i have it for a year now, but its now, well overpowered, with 230 kcd, with 2 rechargeable CR123 A battery,s.

So, thats positive news, of a light, that was really underpowered, with one 18650...so, now its overpowered he he!

I was lighting up a tree, at 800 meters distance, quite easily.

So, i have new hope for the M2X UT.

I don't think it's normal RC. I owned 3 M2X-UT, sold my first one. The second one was a failure right off the box, it's in the surgery box now, waiting for the mod/upgrade. The last one is the best and I use it often to aid my camera in long range focusing at night photo shooting. None of them can reach 800 meters in real condition easily unless the sky is perfectly clear. I tested each one on the beach though (bad idea), with air full of sea mist. I often use it but rarely measure the distance anymore.
DBCustom (dale) from the neighbour forum reached 278k with extensive modifications, driven hard to 6,37A. At 3,56A he got 236,5K. The last one done with resistor stacking. Try to check the tail cap current. In your case, it's like direct driven with no regulation (or a by-passed driver)