Imalent        

Thread: What's your favourite multitool that's credit-card sized and TSA-approved?

Default What's your favourite multitool that's credit-card sized and TSA-approved?

I just got the Wallet Ninja (18 tools in 1) yesterday: http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00J...ilpage_o00_s00

Curious if any of you folks carry similar multitools that fit in a wallet and are TSA-approved?

thx.
    Sky Lumen 2 (~2,400 lumens) & Nitecore EC4S (2150 lumens) for EDC; TN36UTvn (~13,000 lumens) for some nightly jaunts; a S200C2vn (~790m) for throwing fun, and that's pretty much it.

Default Re: What's your favourite multitool that's credit-card sized and TSA-approved?

Quote Originally Posted by nomadtor416 View Post
    I just got the Wallet Ninja (18 tools in 1) yesterday: http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00J...ilpage_o00_s00

Curious if any of you folks carry similar multitools that fit in a wallet and are TSA-approved?

thx.
    Is there one that's TSA approved and actually don't get bothered? I just got my cheapo one snapped by TSA ... -_-'
    Last edited by stockae92; 03-08-2016 at 01:40 PM.
    Let there be light.

Default Re: What's your favourite multitool that's credit-card sized and TSA-approved?

I carry the Gerber Shard on my keyring. Never been a problem with the TSA.

Mike

-a credit card with little to no debt on it.
    ;-)
    I heard about a guy who had his business cards made out of some useful, edge holding stainless alloy, that and a few credit card sized sheets of wet/dry sand paper would give you the ability to make a sharp blade that was re sharpenable many, many times.

If it's TSA approved, it's probably not that useful.
    See about the max size of scissors and pliers that are allowed, those plus a beefy flat head screwdriver that's TSA approved would give you some basic functionality.

Final thoughts, not useful to the OP;
    a pair of Knipex pliers and a reliable knife are better than most any multi tool...
    Except that if the multi tool didn't try to compete with the pliers or the knife, then that would probably be a pretty good multi tool.... swiss army knives are pretty nice. I like the one that has the wire puller, and the awl, and the saw, and a flat ground, razor sharp knife blade, and the scissors. Not sure they actually make that one, they usually only give a few of those in slim configurations.
    Once they get too thick their utility starts suffering from their bulk.
    Last edited by eh4; 08-26-2018 at 02:58 AM.
    The brighter the light, the darker the shadow.

I don't use the term TSA-approved, I use "TSA-friendly". There is a pretty large grey area. Is it pointy, is it grippy (a grippy pen is a tactical pen which may or may not be allowed), is it a pointy tool (6" calipers).

There is a little leatherman (Style PS, ~$30) with no knife blade, but with a little pair of scissors. It has a little clip on it - heavily recommended to clip it to the outside of the bag and then it can be quickly seen. I've lost mine though, not sure where (yeah probably when it was clipped to the outside of my bag).

Closed Length 2.9 inches
    Handle Material Glass-filled nylon
    Phillips Screwdriver(s) Yes
    Standard Screwdriver(s) Yes
    Bottle Opener Yes
    Tweezers Yes
    Scissors Yes
    Fingernail File Yes
    Pliers Yes
    Wire Cutter Yes
    Weight 1.58 ounces
    Last edited by nfetterly; 08-26-2018 at 03:57 AM.

Interested. I'd love to find something with some good screwdrivers in a TSA friendly package. Something like the Philips on my SAK Manager.