Switches: the forward, the momentary, the skinny

gangstead

Newly Enlightened
I ordered a bunch of the switch offerings at Fast Tech (https://www.fasttech.com/category/1610/diy-kits-parts-switches) but they all seem to be reverse click and 16-20 mm. Where can I source some different types of switches? I'm looking for:

• Forward click switches (comes on when partially depressed, without locking on)
  • Momentary switches (for an electronic switching NANJG firmware)
  • Skinny switches with a diameter small enough to go on the tail cap of a ~1/2" diameter light. 1/2" = 12.5mm so I figure the switch would have to be <10mm across.

Thankfully I am not trying to put these all on the same light! Well, maybe some day.

DrafterDan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not sure how new you are to the forum or to modding. I'm on my phone now.
The gold standard in forward clicky is the McClicky available @ Oveready. DellSuperman has recently started building 10amp reverse clicky assemblies. I do prefer the fwd, but the 10a is great in my FET-based quad build.
Other than that I've used the Omten 1288 Rev on a lighted tailcap project. That worked out nicely.

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered a bunch of the switch offerings at Fast Tech (https://www.fasttech.com/category/1610/diy-kits-parts-switches) but they all seem to be reverse click and 16-20 mm. Where can I source some different types of switches? I'm looking for:

• Forward click switches (comes on when partially depressed, without locking on)
  • Momentary switches (for an electronic switching NANJG firmware)
  • Skinny switches with a diameter small enough to go on the tail cap of a ~1/2" diameter light. 1/2" = 12.5mm so I figure the switch would have to be <10mm across.

Thankfully I am not trying to put these all on the same light! Well, maybe some day.

1. kaidomain, intl-outdoor and cnqualitygoods
2. hmmmm at what flashlight? maybe the forward clickie will help you. lightly tap as many times as you need, when you get the prefered mode click it
3. many options in kaidomain and else where. But the FWD click is 10mm square so it may fit with a bit shaving of the edges

gangstead

Newly Enlightened
1. kaidomain, intl-outdoor and cnqualitygoods
2. hmmmm at what flashlight? maybe the forward clickie will help you. lightly tap as many times as you need, when you get the prefered mode click it
3. many options in kaidomain and else where. But the FWD click is 10mm square so it may fit with a bit shaving of the edges

Thanks. Looks like Kaidomain has most what I needed but couldn't find on fast-tech. Intl-outdoor has less and it looks like cnqualitygoods is down. I'm building a flashlight (or 4) out of copper pipe, similar to others here on the forum. I'm also interested in flashing my own firmware.