Acebeam        

Thread: AW/IMR battery's!

Default AW/IMR battery's!

how would one no if the red 18650's are real or couterfit! i mean my nightcore's have there indorsement all over there battery's,the AW/IMR have none of this,this new set i got has the old AW with black backgrown,somewhere i read they changed to a white hollow grame with black letter(AW)i mean who really no if there getting the real deal with this battery! there all made over seas any way!just would like to no if i got burned or not!thanks guys.

Default Re: AW/IMR battery's!

Quote Originally Posted by blanex1 View Post
    how would one no if the red 18650's are real or couterfit! i mean my nightcore's have there indorsement all over there battery's,the AW/IMR have none of this,this new set i got has the old AW with black backgrown,somewhere i read they changed to a white hollow grame with black letter(AW)i mean who really no if there getting the real deal with this battery! there all made over seas any way!just would like to no if i got burned or not!thanks guys.
    ETA:

I believe that Andrew added the hologram in the beginning of 2015.

I have two older AW IMRs that don't have the hologram and I got them from an AW dealer--LightHound, so I feel confident that they're real, however I've heard second hand from another AW dealer, that there are a lot of faked AW cells, so who knows?

Take your fingernail and run it along the edge of the hologram. If you feel bumps and slight ridges, that's a real one. Also, over the top half of the entire oval sticker--the upper hemisphere, you'll see a bunch of little 'AWs' running left to right, but they're not on the lower half of the oval.

Finally, if that ain't enough, there's a smaller oval band, within the hologram, that is darker in shade and if you look closely at the band, with a jeweler's loop, you'll see a bunch of AWs printed within that secondary band/oval, running backwards/counter-clockwise.

Chris
    Last edited by ChrisGarrett; 02-27-2016 at 09:24 PM.
    Convoy: S2, S2+, M1, M2, Fenix: P1D, PD32, HL30, ET: D25C Ti, SF: 6P, ZL: SC-600, Klarus: P2A, Jetbeam: BA-20, Icon: Rogue 1, L3: L10, Xeno: E03, ShiningBeam: I-Mini, Olight: i3s, SWM: D40A, M11R, V11R, Maglite: 6Ds, MMs, Solitaires, LaCrosse BC-700, Maha C-9000, XTAR VP2, MP1S, XP1, MC1+, WP2 II, NiteCore i4, v2.

It depends on where you bought them. Check AW's sales thread, Part II. There is a list labeled: Beware (Fake AW Sellers)!!!!!

I buy directly from Andrew. If you do the same. That should give you peace of mind.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE LED View Post
    I buy directly from Andrew. If you do the same. That should give you peace of mind.
    Always the best course!