Turtlelite/Maglight conversion

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I just got a used Turtlelight recently. I like the flashlight body but the reflector made a dark circle in the middle of the light at long distances. I took a blue LED I bought from B.G. Micro and filed it down flat on the top to make it shorter and remove the rings (makes a nice diffused light). I filed the sides down a little too. I soldered it and a resistor in a bulb case and hot glued around it for shock resistance. The blue light in the Turtlelight looks good. I can let the kids use it and not have to worry about it getting broken or wet and they like the color too. I put the Turtlelite LED in a 4 C Cell Maglight. Wow, talk about a spotlight. With the Maglight's reflector the LED puts out a super tight beam that can be seen across a long room in full daylight. It's not a great path light but it would work great for looking around the yard at night.
I've never seen an LED light that goes so far.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Here are some pics. I borrowed the digital camera from work. That's why all the pictures of the lights being posted. Let me know if I'm driving everyone nuts with all these pictures and I'll lay off for a while. That digital camera is kind of fun to play with though.

These are of the Turtlelight with the blue LED and the Turtlelight LED in the 4 C cell Maglight at 10' and 20'.

View

View

View