Dremel LED

83Venture

Enlightened
Went to Home Depot yesterday and ran across a LED attachment for the Dremal Tool. The new DREMELite, model #677 screws on to the housing of the tool and has two LEDs.

From the Dremel Web Site:

- Magnet powered-the DREMELite uses a magnet as its power source to create the illumination. There are no confusing wires or connections.
- Easy to attach-screw the magnet onto the output shaft, and the DREMELite onto the housing of your rotary tool in place of the housing cap.
- New collet nut-shorter in length to work in combination with the magnet, and gold colored to help differentiate between the current black collet nut.

Have not used it yet but for $12.00 could not pass it up.

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
These things work great. IMHO it's the best thing Dremel's came up with so far.

Steelwolf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Saw it before. Looking around for it in local shops. This would be really good. Wonder if the LEDs would blow if used with the newer Dremels that go even faster.

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
They do not appear to be overdriven, so even higher RPM should not be a problem.

I have one on my newest dremel, and find it's quite nice. Sometimes the spill light that reflects out the side is a little distracting. I'll probably be using my trusty Metalic Silver Sharpie to mask off the sides so that all of the light goes forward only.

It's well worth the cost.

Daniel