Looking for 2aaa penlight recommendation

BUZ

Enlightened
I'm looking for a good 2aaa penlight and was looking for some recommendations, currently what's the brightest penlight (aaa) available?

Thinking about the thrunite ti4t, is this a decent aaa light and are there any brighter ones out there?

51uVzASjzCL._SL1000_.jpg

Last edited:

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
Look at the TerraLUX Lightstar 80 (available at Battery Junction). Roughly 150 lumens, claims 'higher CRI' - I guesstimate it at about 85 CRI or so. Comes in several colors, sells for between $15-$20 depending on sales. I have several and they are very nice. The beam is nice and smooth and a very pleasing tint.

Also Streamlight sells the Stylus Pro for about the same price. I had one years ago and liked it, but liked the single AAA Microstream better. It lists for about the same price as the TerraLUX.

wolfgaze

Enlightened
I have a Streamlight Stylus Pro... I like that it is single mode only, 65 lumens with momentary on, and has a long runtime.... However if you were to purchase this unit, you need to do a simple modification to the tailcap in order to make it easier to press/activate...

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
ThruNite Ti4 NW (neutral white) specs:

-Firefly (0.4 lumens /137 hours)
-Low (32 lumens /12 hours)
-High (300 lumens /51 minutes)
-Strobe (300 lumens /90 minutes)
-Peak Beam Intensity: 736 cd.
-Beam Distance: 54 meters.
-Waterproof: IPX-8 (2M).
-Impact Resistance: 1.5M.
-no PWM

I have the TiS and it is a great little light that I EDC. The spacing that ThruNite uses with a high that is 10x brighter than the low is actually perfect as the eye translates this as double the brightness.

Last edited:

1DaveN

Enlightened
You might want to look at the one from the new company who just appeared here on CPF, Factor Equipment. I haven't see the 2xAAA, but our order of 1xAAA and Ghost 130 just showed up this morning - they shipped as soon as we ordered them, arrived quickly in great packaging, and they seem really nice after the hour or so we've had them. They've got a great clip design. My minor complaint with the AAA models is reverse clicky, so no momentary. I use that all the time on my bigger lights, but on an AAA or 2xAAA, I'm not sure it matters.

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
When suggesting lights it is helpful to include specs so the person can have an overview instead of having to dig. The 2 AAA light from Factor Equipment would be:

MIZPAH 250
OUTPUT L 40 107 205 250
RUNTIME 5h 2h 56min 51min
DISTANCE 190ft. (58m)
INTENSITY 840cd (Max)
IMPACT 1m
WATERPROOF IPX-8, underwater 2m
(no tint spec given)

StorminMatt

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you want a high CRI light, there's always the Foursevens Preon Nichia. If Illumination Supply still has any in stock, that is.

CaptainBrock

Newly Enlightened
I have a Streamlight Stylus Pro... I like that it is single mode only, 65 lumens with momentary on, and has a long runtime.... However if you were to purchase this unit, you need to do a simple modification to the tailcap in order to make it easier to press/activate...
I also have the Stylus Pro and it's a decent light. You can get it under 20USD now. I stay away from AAA cells as power sources, but you do need a light for trimming nose hairs.:D
I had also noticed the high force on the tail switch. Can anyone describe this tailcap mod?

cactus man

Newly Enlightened
Check out the Thorfire PF04. 2 AAA, 3 levels of light and if you go to Amazon
and use the coupon code PF04code you may get a $6.00 discount.

Go to the review section and read the flashlight's review.
It is well made and works well.

Another style but larger is the Nebo Big Larry... It uses 3AA batteries but
has a max lumen output of about 400 lumens...2 levels and a red flash.
On E-bay you may find it with the specific holder/holster for $20.00

There are many brands and styles out there to where it can be overwhelming
when trying to decide on a flashlight....

Be sure to come back here and let us know what you selected and why.....

Cactus Man

1DaveN

Enlightened
When suggesting lights it is helpful to include specs so the person can have an overview instead of having to dig.

Presumably someone who is trying to select a product is already "digging," and not everyone has time to look up specs in order to provide them.

BUZ

Enlightened
Thanks for all the info and suggestions, will look into them all. :)