LED off-road lights suggestions

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope this is the best place for this, I thought it would get the most traffic here. I am looking for top-notch off-road LED lights for my truck. I've wondered for the longest time why it has taken so long for the Industry to catch up to the high-end flashlights that we all have. I've seen several LED light bars that many people are running, but I am looking for something more than just a floodlight. There seems to be very few selections that are offered with a simple LED offering a large reflector. I would love to see something with an XHP and a large reflector like what my ACEBEAM handheld offers me.

KC-Hilites offers the only decent looking set up that I've seen so far offering either two or four LEDs per lamp consisting of XPL or XML's pushing up to 5000 lm with the XPL's. PIAA also has some nice large reflected LED lights but they do not list what they are running. The also appear to be significantly less bright.

I'm looking for a spot and/or a driving beam pattern for the long roads that I drive here in Montana. Does anyone have any suggestions or any experience with any of the LED lights offered currently on the market? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Daniel

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
Illumination Systems has some LED light bars/housings that should be what you are looking for. They have flood, spot, and combination lights available, along with a switch/relay/wiring harness kit. Follow the link to their Facebook page to see some shots of the lights in action.

Remember, using off-road lights like these when driving on state or US highways is illegal. [But that only matters if you get caught!] :devil:

TLyleJeep

Newly Enlightened
Hi Daniel,

I live in Wyoming and we have some really dark roads at night and installed some driving lights made by JW Speaker and they have made a world of difference driving at night. http://www.jwspeaker.com/products/

I will post some pictures of what they look like when I can figure out how to do that.

TLyleJeep

Newly Enlightened
Here are a couple of pictures of the driving lights mounted on my truck.

y3mS3NgEjMV99Q2xaDOdE-fFuWHdelvuVF7um5OFauv9XWWGhug-l7jnnI0Ak-7Yam03pvHz8pQz_ZDf_DGIGG5XZuj2K0A7dZ2t2izL_AFSWDapT2di9OPy3BQD4Rhh2xFkg8r7XHYdw2SfUigpdW2h3OpYpTtIkM4ifZ_tU63R00

y3mM5bNIpRh0ZnnEWezON1LUeqfzqBexj6ia5iROD5vK9yedf6P8FwsMGo8EvmhRMvYEp95_J0-bdZ-oOw8puGJKzxvIrF0VwqJvnpooFdgyAxXMYTlp6LLU5QMU7JPNVntZEwV8M1QNlCAml-TPKjNeIQJsF_vPUx_29pE7IrXoPM