C.Crane Mini-Trek vs. Turtlelites?

Craig720

Enlightened
I was casting about for an LED light about the same size as my Princetontec 20. I was seriously considering a Mini-Trek, but then I heard about the Turtlelite and Turtlelite II.

Of you lucky folks that have them both, do you prefer the Mini-Trek or Turtlelite?

And which version do you prefer of the Turtlelite?

Craig

Doug

Enlightened
I have the two turtle lights ... I prefer the T2, it has a nice width central beam, with a nice width outer beam (which extents from the outer edge of the central beam, out a ways). The T1 has a tighter beem, but throws farther.... I prefer the wider beam. If you want throw, use a Surefire E1 (or E2!)
smile.gif
They throw like a professional baseball pitcher! Woo! Just my 2 ¢'s

Doug

RonM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love the Turtlelite II, but isn't it significantly larger than the mini-Trek? Form factor may tip the scales in favor of the Mini-Trek

RonM

Brock

Flashaholic
The Turtle II is much larger than the mini trek. The Mini Trek is about the size of a C battery with the lens slightly offset. They are fairly close in brightness, the turtle is brighter by a bit. It really comes down to a size issue, and runtime I guess. Also the Turtle is simple to change the 4 AA batteries, the mini trek requires small fingers or a pen to get the first cell in.

Brock

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
-On the Mini-trek...
What I do after removing the head/lense and the central batt.
is to simply take the unit with one hand, and firmly slap it against my open palm of
the other hand..VOILA!-the other
2 batts. will pop right out..
Tip--use contact lube/cleaner on
all batts.for ease of removal.
--Gotta go!!
(time to finish my new mercury vapor keychain light)!
smile.gif
smile.gif

Glowhound

Brock

Flashaholic
Yes, that makes it easier to get the batteries out, and that is how I do it, but my problem is getting them back in there
smile.gif

Brock