Feeler : Tain Aura Tailcap compatible with McGizmo clip r

gunga

Flashaholic
Hey all. I've been trying (actually Eala started it but I'm running with it) to get Tain to make a tailcap for his new Aura AA light that fits a clip.

I think he has agreed but having troubles getting firm details and costs.

Here is what I know:

- it will be tapped to fit a McGizmo clip.
- it will have NO trits. The trits will be in the button you provide (no button is included I think).
- it will not be a cigar grip. I think it may look similar to the back of a McGizmo AA Pak, but I'm speculating.
- cost is unknown. The more we order, the cheaper it is, but I don't have an idea.

So, please state your interest if you are serious. Plan on $150. It could easily be less but I don't know so I'm setting a high bar.

I'll update as soon as I get any information. I'm assuming it will be a prepay but again, I'm speculating.

Just raise your hand if you want one!

----

Update March 10

Okay.

Tain has received the McGizmo clip and bolts and will buy a Tap to make the tails.

Approx cost of the tail is $75 + shipping, based on 10 tails. I have asked about 5 tails since that is the demand.

Shipping is costly (ems). One option is that I have all 5 tails shipped here and send them out. Shipping to the states with tracking and about $73 insurance is around $15. Within Canada I'm unsure and international varies depending on insurance. Uninsured is cheaper of course but I don't take responsibility for postal mishaps.

Lead time is about 2 weeks.

I have no other info though I'm still pressing.

------
March 10, update #2 from Tain

"No photos, it is same tail as Aura minus the trit slots, and cigar grip.

I will do the 5 tailcap for the same price.

Just a tailcap the shipping will be $30 EMS+Insurance.

Extra installed 3-trit button(or no-trit button) with e-switch is $98 each + shipping."

Last edited:

eala

Flashlight Enthusiast
You know I am game. My clip was sent to Tain for inspection. I have to believe he can do something like this for less than $150. Without the cigar grip, the tail piece is relatively simple to machine.

eala

RUSH FAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm definitely in on this!
Tain- we love your products!
Please make it. Count me in on one or two!
Thank you to Gunga-

gunga

Flashaholic
Yep. I expect less than $150 but it's a small run and I've been asking about pricing for weeks. Just setting low expectations.

gunga

Flashaholic
I've posted an update. Cost should be around $75 + shipping. (but based on 10 tails).

Please restate your interest with your location so we can figure out shipping.

gunga

Flashaholic
Okay. Got a good update from Tain.

The tailcap will be like the stock one but no cigar grip, no trits slots but tapped for a McGizmo clip.

Cost is $75+shipping ($30+).

If any of you guys want, I can ship the tails here and ship from Canada. It will be cheaper, though there is a chance I'll be hit with customs fees or taxes. It will still be cheaper than ems from Taiwan.

So we are a go.

You can also buy extra button assemblies for your tail if you want, for $98 (+ any trits of course). I'm unlikely to do this. Lots of $ for a spare tailcap with button.

So, please reconfirm your interest and let me know if you want me to receive and forward your tail. You should save $ but will need to pay me instead of Tain.

RUSH FAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mike -

I didn't want to assume, and just wanted clarification. Do these ship out with or without a McGizmo clip?
Didn't know if they were just the tail caps pre-drilled to accept a clip, or if they sold complete with a clip already attached.