What light do you keep in your car?

TA_ls1

Enlightened
I'll probably keep my p12gt in my car. What do you all use for your vehicle?

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Coleman CTach-60.

I use budget lights for utility/knock-around roles.

I have enough non-budget lights appended to my body at all times, so I can use budget lights for beat-up roles.

ven

Flashaholic
I still have a convoy m2 which is of the warm flavoured tint, quite nice too................been my glove box light for ages now! maybe time for a change.

Kitchen Panda

Enlightened
I'll probably keep my p12gt in my car. What do you all use for your vehicle?

Used to keep my ancient 2C Maglite in the car ( it outlasted five cars) but after the second alkaleak incident it's been retired to toolbox duty. Now the car has a nice new Defiant 2 C 600 lumen with a zoom lens, my ancient Led Lenser 3 AAA which used to be my "good" flashlight, and a freebie 3 AAA fly-eye that was a promo with the oil change at the dealer. Also keep some spare AAAs and C's in the glove box in case of need. Plus whatever keychain and coat pocket lights I happen to have on my person when I'm driving. Checking flashlight operational condition is a good way to fill time when waiting in the car for something or someone.

Bad thing about the Defiant is that it can spontaneously turn on if the button gets nudged by glove box kipple. Can't unscrew the tail cap far enough for a lock-out - that's another reason to keep spare cells in the glove box. ( The spare gloves are in the trunk of the car...why is it called the "glove compartment" ? )

Bill

Edited PS: I forgot the "new" light in the glove box - picked up an Energizer 200 lumen headlamp, which I've wanted for quite some time and which was on clearance at Home Depor. More AAA cells, unluckily, but I figure it will run more than long enough for changing a tire.

Last edited:

LedTed

Enlightened
Funny you should ask. Just this Monday, I moved my LumaPower ConneXion X2 kit out to my car.

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
I keep my inova x5 and spare cr123's. It never moves. Then I tend to carry one out to the car that changes like car edc rotation .

twin63

Newly Enlightened
In the console, I have a 2AA Rayovac Indestructible and in the trunk-bag I have a Solarforce L2T, Solarforce L2 with extender to run 2xAA, and a Coast headlamp (added after having to change a tire in the dark). Lithium primaries in all and spare batteries in the trunk bag.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Got a couple of them. Main one being an Ozark Trail 2AA LED model with a flush tailcap switch (reverse clicky) bought at Wally World. It's a bit dark green on the body, single output, and very bright. Plus it was cheap.

dmattaponi

Enlightened
Thrunite TN4A HI in glovebox. Energizer AA lithium batteries. Thinking about adding a Fenix headband with Fenix E12 to toolbox in rear compartment.

Last edited:

dhunley1

Enlightened
A Rayovac 2AA in the trunk and a Fenix LD09 2015 edition in the glove box. Both have Energizer lithium batteries in them.

blanex1

Newly Enlightened
a have a solarforce L2 in my glove box!replaced my surefire 6P that i had there for years,i think most folks should have one flashlight in there car/truck at all times.:thumbsup: