Recommend a charger and 10440 battery

genewiseman

Newly Enlightened
I have a light coming in the mail tomorrow and need to get a protected 10440 battery and charger for it. I have noticed that it is recommended to stay away from cheap chargers and batteries that end in "fire". What kind of protected 10440 batteries should I get and where can I find them? Same goes for a charger.
Thanks a lot,
Gene

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a light coming in the mail tomorrow and need to get a protected 10440 battery and charger for it. I have noticed that it is recommended to stay away from cheap chargers and batteries that end in "fire". What kind of protected 10440 batteries should I get and where can I find them? Same goes for a charger.
Thanks a lot,
Gene

You probably won't find protected 10440s that work, due to size...most of the better ones are the unprotected IMR chemistry versions from Efest.

Xtar XP1 will do 250mA and 500mA and will work with both NiMH AA/AAAs and li-ions from 10440 up to 14500. It's a 5v USB charger, so you're good there.

They're about $8 depending on where you look. The cells are about $3-$4.

Chris

genewiseman

Newly Enlightened
I found some efest 10440 batteries but they are li-mn instead of li-ion. What is the difference? Will the same charger work?
Thanks a lot,
Gene

Capolini

Banned
I found some efest 10440 batteries but they are li-mn instead of li-ion. What is the difference? Will the same charger work?
Thanks a lot,
Gene

Those [Efest IMR 10440]are the batteries Chris was talking about,they are Fine. They are a different chemistry and do not require protection. I use them in 3 "AAA" lights that I have. They will work in any L.ion charger.:D

Although they specify "Flat top",,,,,,,,they protrude enough to work in most if not all AAA lights,even ones like my Ultratac K18 SS that does not have a raised contact at the positive end!

Last edited:

Capolini

Banned
What light are you getting? Depending on the light you can use enloops or alkalines while you wait for the 10440's. In fact if it takes 10440's it will most likely take alkaline, lithium primraries and enloops like my Ultratac K18 SS!

genewiseman

Newly Enlightened
Those [Efest IMR 10440]are the batteries Chris was talking about,they are Fine. They are a different chemistry and do not require protection. I use them in 3 "AAA" lights that I have. They will work in any L.ion charger.:D

Although they specify "Flat top",,,,,,,,they protrude enough to work in most if not all AAA lights,even ones like my Ultratac K18 SS that does not have a raised contact at the positive end!
I found some from Battery Depot on ebay that are button tops. I will probably order some and a charger pretty soon. I am getting the same light that you have so I figure they should work. I do have some enloops to get me by until I get the 10440 batteries.
Thanks a lot,
Gene

Last edited:

Capolini

Banned
^^^^ I hope they are authentic. Blue w/ silver and red wrapper,,right?

I would have ordered from Ilumns or liionwholesale.com where I know they are authentic and are cheaper. Liionwholsale have them back ordered and will have them soon.

http://www.illumn.com/

http://liionwholesale.com/

I hope they work for you. I noticed that you did not get them yet! Order from Illumn.com,,,,,they are in stock.

Last edited:

genewiseman

Newly Enlightened
^^^^ I hope they are authentic. Blue w/ silver and red wrapper,,right?

I would have ordered from Ilumns or liionwholesale.com where I know they are authentic and are cheaper. Liionwholsale have them back ordered and will have them soon.

http://www.illumn.com/

http://liionwholesale.com/

I hope they work for you. I noticed that you did not get them yet! Order from Illumn.com,,,,,they are in stock.
OK, I ordered two of the efest 10440 batteries and a nitecore digacharger from illumn.com. I got the flashlight in the mail and it came with one 10440 battery but it wasn't charged up very good so I am using one of my enloops right now. I do like the light better than my fenix eo5. I like the clip. I have been holding the eo5 in my mouth when I use the bandsaw in my shop but being able to clip the light to my cap will be nice. I like the switch better than the twist on and off of the eo5 too.
Thanks again,
Gene

Capolini

Banned
^^^

Your welcome Gene! Enjoy your new light!

I also like the light a lot.Having a side switch is much better than twisting head!

I have the Blue Alum. version and the SS version. I have the K18 SS on my key chain. It is almost twice the weight but I do not mind because it is attached to my carabiner.