Armytek Dobermann

ArmyTek

Enlightened
All Dobermann discussions in one place.

You are welcome.

m806kj.jpg

Aldiggi

Newly Enlightened
Love my Dobermann Pro XP-L HI. It's my work light. It's such a great light that 5 other guys on my job picked one up as well as their work light.

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's a nice commendation.
I'm thinking about a Doberman as opposed to a Partner or Prime for a short range shotgun light.
I wish I could try them all first.

ncgrass

Enlightened
That's a nice commendation.
I'm thinking about a Doberman as opposed to a Partner or Prime for a short range shotgun light.
I wish I could try them all first.

The prime series has a side switch, and they're kinda hard to find with a firm press. Made more difficult by wearing gloves too. I don't know too much about gun lights, but I'm not sure it's ideal. Nice light however despite a few drawbacks.

If you're just after short range, the partner with suitable battery might be better than a heavier and more expensive Doberman.

Alfred143

Newly Enlightened
On paper the [h=1]Armytek Dobermann Pro XP-L High Intensity - Limited edition looks amazing on paper, but for you Predator v2.5 owners does it "visually" look that much more impressive. I can only base it on the specs : CD 33k+ vs 50k+, and and about 50m more distance. I've learn from past purchases that numbers on paper sometimes don't translate that well in person, just marginally better. Any help wil be appreciated. ��[/h]

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
ncgrass, I think you're right, Partner model looks more like it.

Trevilux

Enlightened
I love my doberman.
But the low mode is too high and no strobe. the reason is that I bought and was a model "first batch" or pre-production. I paid full price for an official seller of Armytek. It is a very ugly practice on its side and never did the right thing would have been to offer a production unit.

I think Armytek should not sell these units. Or if sold, should clearly indicate the dealer must say they are not final versions, will not have the final characteristics ....

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love my doberman.
But the low mode is too high and no strobe. the reason is that I bought and was a model "first batch" or pre-production. I paid full price for an official seller of Armytek. It is a very ugly practice on its side and never did the right thing would have been to offer a production unit.

I think Armytek should not sell these units. Or if sold, should clearly indicate the dealer must say they are not final versions, will not have the final characteristics ....

I think this should qualify under the "No Hassle" warranty. Show them the manual, show them the light. Unless the light says something like V1 and the manual says something like V2, then you can explain that the light does not perform as the manual says it does, therefore it is defective.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
When will the Dobermann XPH 35 HI be available to buy?

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
an XHP 35 HI Dobermann? Oh man....wont be interested until AT works out the kinks that are bound to be in the first few batches. Love my DP HI but an XHP 35 HI version is going to require new electronics etc. possibly require high drain cells only..would much rather see the XHP 35 HI in the Pred Pro...will be watching

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, Armytek. I recently received my replacement Dobermann Pro, after more than 4 months of waiting.
It appears to be the newer model that requires 5 twists to disable strobe.

I've measured only 2 amps at the tail.
My DMM is accurate, based on measurement results for my other lights with known drive currents.

Based on ceiling bounce tests with my other lights with known OTF output, my Dobermann is producing less than 800 OTF lumens.
Please confirm whether specifications have changed or my sample does not meet specification and should be a valid case for another exchange.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

ArmyTek

Enlightened
Hi, Armytek. I recently received my replacement Dobermann Pro, after more than 4 months of waiting.
It appears to be the newer model that requires 5 twists to disable strobe.

I've measured only 2 amps at the tail.
My DMM is accurate, based on measurement results for my other lights with known drive currents.

Based on ceiling bounce tests with my other lights with known OTF output, my Dobermann is producing less than 800 OTF lumens.
Please confirm whether specifications have changed or my sample does not meet specification and should be a valid case for another exchange.

Thanks.

Hi!
Can you please write what equipment for measurements do you use?

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone with the latest Dobermann Pro who can take some tail measurements to verify my results? Thanks.

Chozzehnwahn

Newly Enlightened
I measured mine at 3.3 amps. I'm very happy with my dobermann. It matches the throw of my much bigger but much older olight sr51, at least to my eyes. You might not be pressing the probes hard enough on the dobermann body.when I first measured amperage draw I got 2.3 amps, but with the probes held with greater pressure I measure 3.3 amps

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
I measured mine at 3.3 amps. I'm very happy with my dobermann. It matches the throw of my much bigger but much older olight sr51, at least to my eyes. You might not be pressing the probes hard enough on the dobermann body.when I first measured amperage draw I got 2.3 amps, but with the probes held with greater pressure I measure 3.3 amps

Thanks for testing, but I don't see why it should be pressure dependent.
My measurement was intended to confirm what I see and what my lux meter measured: my sample throws no better than my p60 drop in with an U5 neutral xpl hi, at slightly above 20k CD.

So, after 2 defective lights in a row, and more than 4 months waiting for a replacement, I've finally received a 3rd that grossly underperforms.