RIP Keith Emerson

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Reported tonight that Keith Emerson was found dead in his California condo of a gunshot wound.

He was one of the best, and a consummate musician.

He he will be missed by many...

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
What sad news.
I used to ride my School Desk around the classroom, sticking rulers into it while singing Tarkus - you had to be there.
An amazing intuitive musician - I hope he had a happy life.
P

Capolini

Banned
Thanks for the thread. I meant to start one Saturday and did not get to it.

Very sad,,,,,,MUSIC IS A MUSICIANS LIFE. WHEN THE ABILITY TO COMPOSE THAT MUSIC IS TAKEN AWAY IT CAN LEAD TO THEIR DEATH.TRAGICALLY KIETH EMERSON WAS A PRIME EXAMPLE OF THAT.

Imagine this? Many years ago I heard rumors of H.E.L.P............HENDRIX, EMERSON. LAKE AND PALMER!!.........WOULD HAVE BEEN AMAZING.

In 1971 [when Tarkus came out] I was 11 years old. My brothers and I were members of Columbia records where if you joined you could get several Albums for $1! Guess what I picked? TARKUS! I loved the cover of that HYBRID TANK AND ARMADILLO! I still have the album and still love the music as I did as an 11 year old!

EDIT: I can't believe that I forgot to mention that TARKUS was my very first album!
It is amazing what we can remember. My Two older brothers ordered there albums first,then it was left to me to decide. I remember sitting on my Mom's rocking chair looking through the catalogue and that awesome cover solidified my decision!:D

This is nothing new but something I always remember from the passing of Bruce Lee and Jimi Hendrix. PARTICULARLY CHAS CHANDLER'S COMMENTS ON JIMI AND LINDA LEE CALDWELL'S[BRUCE LEE'S WIDOW]COMMENTS ON BRUCE LEE.

Their message was similar to my words below:

"DO NOT FOCUS ON THE TRAGEDY OF THEIR DEATH, INSTEAD CHERISH THEIR CONTRIBUTIONS IN LIFE"

RIP KEITH EMERSON,,YOUR MUSIC LIVES IN OUR HEARTS AND EARS FOREVER.

Last edited:

Minimoog

Enlightened
Saw them live at the Royal Albert Hall, 1992. Amazing concert, packed solid and full of energy. I grew up with his music, still can't believe he has gone.

Capolini

Banned
Saw them live at the Royal Albert Hall, 1992. Amazing concert, packed solid and full of energy. I grew up with his music, still can't believe he has gone.

Awesome,,,that you went to the concert!! I have that cd and have been listening to it again the last few days.:)

A classic venue,,,,,,,Jimi Hendrix had a great show there on February 24, 1969.:thumbsup:

Minimoog

Enlightened
Awesome,,,that you went to the concert!! I have that cd and have been listening to it again the last few days.:)

A classic venue,,,,,,,Jimi Hendrix had a great show there on February 24, 1969.:thumbsup:

Yes, I saw the TV cameras recording the event - you can get it on DVD too. You knew the people who had been when you saw them on the trains after the event - looking deafened but happy.

Capolini

Banned
^^^^^^^^^
Me and Jimi Hendrix's Dad in his house on MAY 1, 2000!!! He was a very kind man and it was an honor to meet him,,,,,,,,,,Twice!

scan0004_zps002491fa.jpg

Capolini

Banned
Nice to see all the presentation discs in the background, he must be a proud man.
P

Yes,he was very proud of Jimi. Those were Double Platinum Album replicas that the record company gave him.

Electric Lady Land, Smash Hits, Are You Experienced and Axis Bold as Love.

Notice Jimi on the wall right behind Al! If I was on that side it would have been blocked out! Jimi posed w/ us!:D