Fenix E12 users, what batteries do you use in it?

dmattaponi

Enlightened
Eneloops. The E12 is probably my most used night time light, so I like being able to recharge.

Kudzu

Newly Enlightened
I use Eneloops. I'd recommend switching over - too nice a light to lose to a leaky alkaline cell. And you should see somewhat better performance.

hiuintahs

Flashlight Enthusiast
E12, Alkaline vs Eneloop on medium mode

tLCEpmE.png

wolfgaze

Enlightened
Regular Eneloops... I reserve my Eneloop Pro's for my Fenix LD12....

start90a

Newly Enlightened
Eneloop of course, but anyone has tried a Li ion 14500? I would be sure not to burn out something...
My MT1A used to work with that cell without problems.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Eneloop of course, but anyone has tried a Li ion 14500? I would be sure not to burn out something...
My MT1A used to work with that cell without problems.

I tried it and it worked. It was 300lm or so. The light didn't break. But I don't know if it's good in the long run.

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really do like this light. If the low was 2 or 3 lumens I would love it.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use alkaline and I never suffer the bogey man stories that the anoraks suffer from.Leakage should never be an issue on a well used tool.

ytechie

Newly Enlightened
I use Eneloops (not pro). The runtime boost is definitely more noticeable on medium than on high. The E12 is kind of like a 50 lumen light with a turbo mode IMO.

LimuHead

Newly Enlightened
I'm using SunLabz AA 2800mah batteries and have no complaints - impressive runtimes!

I have no experience with, but am very interested in the Eneloop batteries that are so revered around these parts - especially the Low Self Discharge aspect of Eneloops.

I haven't owned the SunLabz long enough to give an opinion on their self-discharge qualities.

Aldon

hiuintahs

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use Eneloops (not pro). The runtime boost is definitely more noticeable on medium than on high. The E12 is kind of like a 50 lumen light with a turbo mode IMO.
Yes, The XP-E2 LED is more efficient at a lower level than that which Fenix is driving it on maximum. If the LED had been an XP-G2, then you'd get better performance at the higher level but not necessarily at the lower level. There are always compromises. I gifted all my kids an E12 and they love them. I tell them to use the low and medium mode for most usage and only go to max mode for momentary usage. That way they utilize battery life for the best. If you need the higher level more often, then perhaps a bigger more powerful light is needed.

The Fenix E12 at the medium and low mode is one of the most efficient single AA lights I have tested.........but not so on max mode.

Last edited:

dmattaponi

Enlightened
Agreed with some of the others I kept a Mag light loaded with akaline D Cells and another Mini Mag loaded with alkaline AA in my vehicle for years with never a problem.

Last edited:

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
A side question: Of those that have recently purchased, what would you call the tint? Is it still blue? :sick:

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one that I gave to my daughter that has a hint of green, and another I gave to a friend that has a really nice white tint and great beam. It's brighter and with a smoother, wider beam than my daughters.

tops2

Enlightened
A side question: Of those that have recently purchased, what would you call the tint? Is it still blue? :sick:

I bought mine last November and it seemed pretty white. I guess "premium white"? There's no hint of blue or green..just white to me.

creegeek

Newly Enlightened
My wife and I have separate E12's in our travel bags... each have a Energizer Lithium primary battery. We use them infrequently and want long runtime and temperature tolerance.