Surefire 6P clip options?

KBobAries

Enlightened
Hey all,

My search attempts haven't returned many results. I've found 3 the first of which is something about a "universal clip draw" involving 3M double-sided tape. The second is the McGizmo and have a shop drill & tap the host. The last is the Prometheus.

I plan on hanging this from the nylon webbing on a day-pack strap so it needs to be strong. Are there other options?

Thanks,

Dan

EDIT: For those that will research this at a later date I've condensed the recommendations I was given in response to my OP into a short list. However, I suggest reading the entire thread for a couple fitment notes regarding clip usage with twisty/clicky tailcap variations. In no particular order:

Prometheus aka DarkSucks

McGizmo (might require drilling & tapping host light.)

Elzetta Speed Clip

Solarforce L2-PC-2

Malkoff MD2 clip

HDS basic & decorative clips

Oveready Delrin Tailcap Shroud with SS clip

Streamlight HL & HL3

Moddoolar (not sure if still in production; check used market.)

Raven Concealment Systems (not sure if still in production; check used market.)

Last edited:

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Solarforce L2-PC-2

Malkoff MD2 clip is very similar to the Solarforce

HDS basic clip works on the 6P

HDS decorative clip works on the 6P

Moddoolar used to make a clip for the 6P, so they're somewhat available on the used market

I doubt you'll find a clip that's stronger than the Malkoff and Solarforce units.

KBobAries

Enlightened
Thank you Grizzman. Think I'll go with the Malkoff since there are other items of theirs that I've been looking at. :thumbsup:

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
Best option in my mind would be a Oveready Delrin Tailcap Shroud with SS clip. In my "lego" days I used them quite a bit and exchanges them from time to time from one to another light. I always had to use tools to remove thm from the tailcaps. They sit pretty tight.

Eric

KBobAries

Enlightened
Best option in my mind would be a Oveready Delrin Tailcap Shroud with SS clip. In my "lego" days I used them quite a bit and exchanges them from time to time from one to another light. I always had to use tools to remove thm from the tailcaps. They sit pretty tight.

Eric

Thanks but I've already replaced all of the tailcaps on the hosts.

KBobAries

Enlightened
I grabbed one of these for a fury and it just won't work on any 6P or fury body. The GITD oring is too soft and just oozes out. Any trick to get it to fit properly?

lol. Posted about 2 minutes after I clicked "pay now" on paypal.

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
lol. Posted about 2 minutes after I clicked "pay now" on paypal.

You decided on the Prometheus clip? What tailcaps are you using? I was going to suggest the TorchLAB Triad with clip, but kept the list to simple clip solutions.

I've got a lot of Jason's clips, and they're by far my favorite. They come with two 0-rings, one green (used to be GITD), and a black one with a smaller diameter. The appropriate o-ring will depend on what tailcap you're using.

The Solarforce and Malkoff clips may be a bit stronger, but they seem crude compared to the Prometheus.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oops, My bad, Prometheus is Dark Sucks. All Jason gear. I missed you mentioned that. So you got it right.

SVT, I don't think I used the ring when I had it on my 6P. I need to go test it and see cause I don't exactly remember. I will come back with more info.

I also forgot to add this link earlier. This clip could work as well.
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...-CLIP-HACK-WASP-Shorty-ZEROREZ-Moddoolar-CLIP!

KBobAries

Enlightened
You decided on the Prometheus clip? What tailcaps are you using?...

Have 2 triad tailcaps from Oveready (one with a clip and the other without) and 1 from Cryos. I also bought one of the Malkoff clips as suggested earlier in the thread and from a PM recommendation. I've installed McClicky switches so possible issues from twisting are a moot point.

edit: I have a 4th host still with stock tailcap & McClicky. Not sure which direction I'm headed with that one but I can verify clip fit on a standard light.

Last edited:

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Raven Concealment Systems makes a nice clip, but I don't think they produce it, any longer. Google may yield some stores that still carry it.

Illum

Flashaholic
Solarforce L2-PC-2

Nope....

the Solarforce clip is designed to be tightened down by the tailcap. Without physically buying a Z58 clicky tailcap to replace the stock Z41 twisty your clip will be very very loose. You won't lose the clip, but it will rattle when not clipped to anything. You can fit an O-ring in there, but then you lose the constant on feature because then the tailcap can't tighten down all the way. No dice, that was my first route before I gave up and replaced all six 6Ps here at the house with solarforce tailcap and bodies

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've installed McClicky switches so possible issues from twisting are a moot point.

Nope....

the Solarforce clip is designed to be tightened down by the tailcap. Without physically buying a Z58 clicky tailcap to replace the stock Z41 twisty your clip will be very very loose.

What you state may very well be true, but isn't pertinent to Dan's situation.

For others reading this thread in the future....all of my Z41s have McClickies, and the Malkoff clip works without issue.

I used to own a Raven clip. I liked it so little that I either tossed it or gave it away.

Last edited:

xdayv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dont' have the other clips, but I got some Prometheus Dark Sucks Ti clips, so nice and functional, YMMV. Works even on the P1R.