• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired (ALL SOLD): V54 X60vn, OR Defense Light, Haiku

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
In order to pay for some new purchases I need to let go of a few lights.

The following general rules apply:

• First posted "I'll take it." gets the item over any PMs in progress.
  • Prompt payment via PayPal Purchase option appreciated.
  • Shipping costs as noted in each post for CONUS and Int'l.

1) OR Defense Light w/ Cryos M2 bezel in excellent condition. Includes a McClicky switch in the tailcap, a 26650 to 18650 adapter, OR satin black bezel ring and UCL lens.

This light is great for you super hot triple and quad LED drop-ins. Heavy body and head combined with lots of deep cooling fins keep drop-ins running cool. Add in one of the Judco switches (not included) that DellSuperman is selling and you can push 10A easily without worry.

I will include an eFest Purple 26650 cells with the light only for US purchases. This cell is rated for 3500mAh and 32A cont / 64A pulse. Because of the extremely low internal resistance and high current handling of this cell I've been able to push Direct Drive drop-ins up to 1-1.5Amps more than with a high current 18650 cell.

No bulbs or drop-ins included with the light.

Price: SOLD
$175 $160 shipped to the US
$185 $170 shipped International

DSC00157.JPG

DSC00158.JPG

DSC00159.JPG

DSC00160.JPG

2) Acebeam X60vn in excellent condition.

I purchased this light at the beginning of February 2016. (see the born on date card below) It will still be under warranty from Vinh for some time to come.

The light features 5 x XM-L2 U3 PDT de-domed LEDs. It is definitely the brightest light I've ever owned and the throw/flood combo is pretty amazing - problem is I just don't know what to use it for.

Rated at over 6,000 lumens and ~500 kcd I don't think you can find another light like this.

Check out the 625m throw comparison with the X60vn's market competitors and you'll see why this light is king of the hill: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...eter-Beamshots-Of-Many-Vinh-Lights-And-Others

Here's the link to the light on Vinh's site: http://skylumen.com/products/x60vn-need-spec

This is a big light so shipping is more costly than usual, especially for international.

Price: $300 + Shipping SOLD

Shipping Fees:
$20 for USPS Large Flat Rate Priority Box
$65 for International First Class

Note: I have 6 Samsung 30Q 3000mAh 18650 cells I purchased at the same time as the light. I will consider selling these with the light to a US buyer if interested. Please PM to discuss before sending payment.

DSC00151.JPG

DSC00152.JPG

DSC00153.JPG

DSC00154.JPG

DSC00155.JPG

3) Prometheus Alpha Blue-Label. Serial #224. Includes the Alpha Blue Label light with the maker's mark, neutral white MC-E led, cardboard tube, extra o-rings, lube and original spec card. This is one solid light well built light.

I've upgraded the driver to a 3.04A lucidrv firmware based driver for a few more options in terms of programmability and flexibility. I've also changed to a blue rubber boot to keep more consistent with the Blue-Label look.

Price: WITHDRAWN

4) McGizmo Haiku. I've stonewashed and darkened the Ti on this amazing light from the legend himself. The light is in excellent condition.

The Light Engine also features some upgrades itself. The LED has been upgraded to a XP-L HI U5 4000K. The driver has been upgraded to a FET based 12mm driver from Mtn Electronics which features the guppydrv firmware allowing for a selection from 22 different pre-programmed operating modes, a user-controllable turbo step-down time, and low battery detection. I've measured ~2.7 Amps at the tailcap on a fresh 16340 battery - so a lot more lumens than your stock Haiku 3S driver and PWM flicker at all due to very high >10kHz PWM.

Note: This driver is designed to run off a single Li Ion cell. I have tested that it works with a CR123 primary on most levels but steps down quickly on full power due to low battery detection. I would consider using an AW 16340 IMR cell as the main source of power with a possible backup of primary CR123s in a pinch.

Note: if you prefer this with a stock Haiku XP-G2 3S LE I have a spare one and can knock a few bucks off.

Price: SOLD
$425
shipped to the US
$435 shipped International

DSC00175.JPG

DSC00172.JPG

DSC00174.JPG

DSC00173.JPG

IMG_4699.JPG

IMG_4700.JPG

Stock XP-G2 3S LE left. Upgraded XP-L HI LE right.
DSC_6181.JPG
DSC_6180.JPG

Last edited:

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: WTS: X60vn, OR Defense Light, Alpha Blue-Label, SW Haiku

Yo SOYCD,
1) OR Defense Light w/ Cryos M2 bezel in excellent condition. Includes a McClicky switch in the tailcap, a 26650 to 18650 adapter, OR satin black bezel ring and UCL lens.
I will take it.

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yo SOYCD,
I will take it.

Cool - you got it.

ven

Flashaholic

Awesome str8, would love that beauty for one of my quads, great snatch!!!

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast

PP Sent-ta-did. :)
Ven, Yes indeed. Ironically, I was looking at some quads the other day, but didn't have a spare 18650 host that would handle the heat, much less a 26650. With this coming with a battery too, it is a no brainer for me. Excellent.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast

Arrived safe and sound. Once again, thank you for the fine business! Time to play once kids settle down! lol Darkness & light awaits me!

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: WTS: V54 X60vn, OR Defense Light, Haiku - updated 3/16

I posted up a picture in the Photos of your Lights thread. It's not directly moddable with a triple, but you could swap other single LEDs in there mounted on a 20mm star.

What I did was remove everything from the front of the light. Strip the pcb surface off about 5-6 Noctigon triples, use AA to glue them together and squeeze them in a vice until set. Then I mounted the triple to that. Put the whole copper stack in with some more AA to center and hold it. That was enough to get just about the right height for the lens, o-ring and primary seal ring. It was just a little bit loose so I ordered another primary seal ring and with two in place it's nice and solid.

The driver on the other side is very easily swappable, but the newer Dr.Jones lucidrv2 drivers don't do so good with a press fit contact. So I had to drill and tap the backside of the head assembly for a ground screw and wire which I then soldered to the negative battery contact on the driver itself.

I should've taken pics of the work. It took about 3-4 hours from start to finish.

gunga

Flashaholic

Nice info! So the new driver doesn't do well with a press fit? You mean because of poor grounding?

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nice info! So the new driver doesn't do well with a press fit? You mean because of poor grounding?

I'm not sure - the ground ring on the outside is on the top and bottom of the driver but it just doesn't seem to make good contact on the inside with a press fit. I've been using a ground screw with a wire and I cut a small notch in the outer part of the driver ring, feed the wire through and solder it to the outside ground ring. This method has been working very well for me and with a good 18650 cell I've been getting up to 8+ Amps direct drive on a triple XP-L.

I think you can see it best in the middle LE in the pic below.

DSC00180.JPG

ven

Flashaholic
Re: WTS: V54 X60vn - AVAILABLE (OR Defense Light, Haiku sold)

:party::bow::party::bow::grouphug:

Awesome, got it today so HUGE thanks Sean, love it!!! Best bit was tracking with USPS showing delivered.............nope! Then after faffing about i traced it to the post office.

Made up, 1st gizmo and breathed on by Sean, the tint is very very nice and great output for the small light. Love the stonewash too...................:thumbsup:

Thanks again Sean, as always a pleasure:bow:

Last edited: