A little sorry that I Became A Member Here, but actually not that much really ...

Bushcraft Forever

Newly Enlightened
Because It's costing me money, lol. This flashlight thing sure is addicting.

I started with a Convoy S2+ XM-L2 U2 1A then decided I wanted the neutral tint so ordered an S+ with neutral tint. So I'm at REI looking at some camping gear, and can't leave without looking at the flashlights. Needless to say, I came home with a Fenix E12. I wanted something to drop in my pocket for EDC and this seemed perfect. Now Saturday I'm out shopping, and came across a Nitecore P12, and guess what? Yup, I now own it. I think it's all down hill from here. :eek:

Triburst1

Newly Enlightened
Re: Sorry I Became A Member Here

I just joined last week and I already owned 12 Surefire handhelds, 6 of their weapon lights, 6 Streamlights, a Fenix and several other lights. Maybe I should log out now and never come back.:eek:

Bushcraft Forever

Newly Enlightened

I just joined last week and I already owned 12 Surefire handhelds, 6 of their weapon lights, 6 Streamlights, a Fenix and several other lights. Maybe I should log out now and never come back.:eek:

This would be in your best interest.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm up to four Convoys now, S2, S2+ Triple XP-L HI, M1 and M2, all with different tints.

They're not all that spendy, but they do pack a punch.

Enjoy.

Wait until you get into chargers and batteries/cells.

That's when the fun begins.

Chris

ven

Flashaholic

Yes can seem never ending, just when you think thats it...........nah it aint :laughing:

Flip side, lots of great members with similar interests, CPF is a great place to be if you spend little or large:)

emarkd

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wait until you get into chargers and batteries/cells.

That's when the fun begins.

Chris

I would argue that the fun really begins when you get comfortable building/modding your own lights. I came to this hobby about 18ish months ago now and definitely went on some spending sprees. My collection is just a handful of lights away from 100, and most of those handful are on order but haven't arrived yet :)

I still enjoy factory lights sometimes, especially stuff I can't build (or surpass) myself like my Zebralights and my HDS Rotary, but the real fun started when I got out my soldering station and placed my first parts order. Do it!

Tejasandre

Flashlight Enthusiast

I feel your pain. Started this summer. Had a couple olights, trouble with an sr30 brought me here. Now I have a sinner, 2 HDS, TinyDC, Mac, mcgizmo, a ninja a pair of VN's. Lol. Smh.

Kestrel

Flashaholic

Although I'm most hesitant to ban members, I can make an exception for the OP if he wants, lol. ;)
But seriously, was a little taken aback by your thread title; happy to hear that you enjoy it here. :wave:

Bushcraft Forever

Newly Enlightened

Although I'm most hesitant to ban members, I can make an exception for the OP if he wants, lol. ;)
But seriously, was a little taken aback by your thread title; happy to hear that you enjoy it here. :wave:

Hahaha... I thought my title would get some attention.:D

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast

For years I have offered a 2 step recovery plan.
Step 1- send me all your lights.
Step 2 -when hit with the urge to purchase a light send me the money.

NO ONE has taken me up on this offer yet................................... :p

tops2

Enlightened

I can resist the temptation to buy better than most, but I totally feel what you feel.

I joined last November and wanted to just get one EDC and one more powerful light. Now I have a few more than that... Currently have 3x BLF 348 coming in just for fun and to gift to coworkers. Tempted to pick up my first Convoys since keep seeing people mentioning them (never really looked into them) and they're priced right for me! But what I really want are the new Zebralights.

But with the day's getting brighter and summer coming, I'll try to resist until the coming fall to order more lights.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast

We all have our Cross to bear.

Luckily ours are much more well lit than most!

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast

After seeing some of the collections on here I can see clearly how things can turn into a hobby/obsession. I have to mention tho that flashlights are harmless when compared to other hobby options out there.

I put restrictions on myself to provide regulation. If one sets "must meet" parameters, the list becomes very specific (ie must have...no PWM, neutral white tint, takes a single AA, under $40 70g or less, rear clicky, reversible pocket clip etc whatever) and therefore it severely limits your choices. Once you have the light your are set if you have the self control and stick to your choice.

:shakehead Easier said than done however as one always finds themselves looks to see if there are any new entries that fit in the very specific categories. :whistle:

ven

Flashaholic

I put restrictions on myself to provide regulation. If one sets "must meet" parameters, the list becomes very specific (ie must have...no PWM, neutral white tint, takes a single AA, under $40 70g or less, rear clicky, reversible pocket clip etc whatever) and therefore it severely limits your choices. Once you have the light your are set if you have the self control and stick to your choice.

I like it!!! well i want an 18650 fed light in ti, 1500 infinite control with 4500k in the size of a 16340 light. Price sub $50 and until i find it, i aint buying another! win win:)

Impossible lumens

Enlightened

Yet the dawn cometh and the heavenly light shines down upon us, once again rendering all of our lights obsolete. And I really should get out more. :eek:

sgt253

Enlightened

Because It's costing me money, lol. This flashlight thing sure is addicting.

I started with a Convoy S2+ XM-L2 U2 1A then decided I wanted the neutral tint so ordered an S+ with neutral tint. So I'm at REI looking at some camping gear, and can't leave without looking at the flashlights. Needless to say, I came home with a Fenix E12. I wanted something to drop in my pocket for EDC and this seemed perfect. Now Saturday I'm out shopping, and came across a Nitecore P12, and guess what? Yup, I now own it. I think it's all down hill from here. :eek:

HAHAHAHA! That caught me off guard. I have one piece of advice after ~ 12 years here...

RUN!

Tre_Asay

Enlightened

I agree with tops2, now that the days are getting longer flashlights are less used. Still used in all of the daytime tasks but in idaho it doesn't get dark until 10-11pm and it is usually light by the time I wake up. Plus side being that there are more opportunities to go camping.

dhunley1

Enlightened

Tell me about it...

When I joined, the only decent flashlight I had was my Fenix PD22. Then came a Peak El Capitan, a couple more Fenix', a couple Maratacs, a couple Malkoffs...

Now I'm looking at HDS lights and I think I'm in trouble.