Armytek Prime Pro C2 Battery Management System

andrewnewman

Enlightened
Folks. Just took possession of an Armytek Prime Pro C2 light (XP-L Warm) and I have to say that it has the most comprehensive battery management system for 18650 batteries I have encountered. When the light is on (in any setting other than moonlight) the button flashes green when the battery is above 50% capacity (once every 5 seconds). When the light drops below 50% the button flashes yellow. At 25% it flashes orange once a second and the main LED blinks twice every minute. At 5% the button flashes red twice a second main light drops down to moonlight and then eventually extinguishes. This seems like an awfully good design as it allows me to recharge my batteries when they still have plenty of life left in them but also extract the maximum runtime if I can't swap batteries or get to a charger without any risk to unprotected cells. If you want more constant reinforcement you can configure the light to enunciate SOC (Green or Yellow) even with the flashlight off or in moonlight mode (this naturally serves as a finder beacon).

As I learn more about this light I will share first impressions on the thread already started for that purpose.