"Matchbook" disposable LED flashlights

Status
Not open for further replies.

LGT

Enlightened
Seems like a foolish novelty. Why spend $28 for matchstick sized throw aways when something like a fenix EO1 or other AAA lights can be had for less?

1DaveN

Enlightened
Seems like a foolish novelty. Why spend $28 for matchstick sized throw aways when something like a fenix EO1 or other AAA lights can be had for less?

No doubt - these seem useless for your reason, and also because they don't look like they put out much light. Not all my flashlight decisions have been based on common sense, though :)

Thetasigma

Flashlight Enthusiast
A Lumintop Tool can be had for less and isn't wastefully disposable like these.

Nothing about a LED flashlight exactly makes it "disposable".
Seems as bad as pulling oil out of the ground, refining it, and making it into plastic spoons which are called "disposable" as if they were somehow even remotely sustainable.

Sorry, this just seems like a pitiful waste.

It does look like a brilliant solution to a nonexistent problem. It seems quite wasteful to me to buy a light with the plan to discard light and the battery after a single use. Pretty expensive too for what you get. The light output looks to me minimal, barely usable for $28. You can buy ten Chinese keychain LED lights for $5 shipped and they'll not only run for many hours but you can replace the battery, too. Of course there are dozens if not scores of small, high quality lights one could buy for less than the asking price of the LED "book". Personally I'd rather have two Olight i3E EOS's or two Fenix E01's and $8 worth of lithium batteries!

Status
Not open for further replies.