Trying to identify Surefire flashlight

jimazores

Newly Enlightened
I have an old Surefire that I received as a gift years ago. I have read the Surefire history thread and cannot find my light. It has a plastic? body, perhaps glass filled nylon, the logos are raised-on both the body and the tail cap, the lanyard ring is a rotating piece of stainless wire, and the body has a metal sleeve inside between the tail cap and the front end. It uses P60 incandescent bulb and 2 123 batteries.

I am new here and will try to post some photos but can someone tell me if Surefire made lights with non metallic bodies? Or could it be a copy? Thanks for any help, Jim

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
jimazores,
Welcome to CPF! The Surefire G2 came in four colors: black, olive drab, yellow, and tan. There is a brighter bulb assembly called the P61, but it will burn through 2xCR123a in only 20 minutes. Surefire is no longer making the G2 or its lamp assemblies, but they can still be found online, and there is a company called Lumens Factory that makes lamp assemblies for this model, and others. There was also an led version made with an aluminum bezel (to help draw heat away from the led module) that was powder-coated to match the color of the body. If you want to use an led module, you will probably want to get an aluminum bezel (such as the Z44-BK), and you will want to stay with a "moderate-to-low" led output, since the body of the flashlight is not aluminum, and will not help draw heat away from the bezel. The G2 is a good light, and one of its advantages is that in cold weather, if you are not wearing gloves, it will not conduct as much cold to your hand as all-metal lights.