Streamlight Stion LED Conversion

JPA261

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was looking through my flashlight collection and found a Streamlight Strion Incandescent model. I would like to revive this light and start using it again, but with an LED upgrade. I was wondering if you folks have any good recommendations on LED conversion kits. I was looking at the TerraLux kit, but want to know if it is really good quality. I plan on using and abusing this light on patrol, so it has to withstand all types of weather and falls.

Also, I do not think Streamlight will convert the head for me but will try to get a hold of them tomorrow. Just want to know if there are better options out there before I call Streamlight. Thanks.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I put a TerraLUX in one and it made a huge difference in brightness but....

For about $70 you can get a 74300 model and use your existing charger and old battery as a spare.

The TerraLUX LED upgrade slides in the 2 pin bulb slot and comes with a differing head assembly.

For abusing I wouldn't use that TerraLUX deal-ee-o because the module itself isn't built very tough. And the pins oversizes your bulb assembly holes so if you decide to go back incan the bulb falls out. I had to buy an extra bulb holder assembly for the times I use it as an incan. (Ecops usa .com $14 btw)

But the 74300 module is built tough as nails and features click n hold brightness adjustments for when you don't need 100% output. 2 quick clicks gives you strobe.

From off it turns on high everytime. Way, way, way brighter than your incan version. The medium setting will be useful for most of your general needs yet still brighter than the incan. And the low is a great setting for close up uses. Not as bright as the incan.

Unlike the incans the 74300 is a clicky. Unfortunately Strion parts are not swappable between incan and LED versions. Believe me, I tried.

^^ L to R
- The older incan version
- The newer incan version with a TerraLUX
- LED version 74300

I really, really dig the pint sized Strion incan. But the little bit of extra size of the LED version is worth it terms of function.

Last edited:

JPA261

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the information, and your thoughts on the Terralux... Gives me another reason to buy a new light.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
It might be fine. But I wouldn't trust my life with it. So I won't reccomend you do same.
Fine for dog walks, lighting a dark shed etc. New life for your old friend.
But for your stuff-hits-the-fan duties? Nah.

The 74300? That's a different story. I trust that one enough to leave my Malkoff and Elzetta at home.

Last edited: