Regarding Malkoff

Arquebus12

Newly Enlightened
Quick solicitation for any reviews... I have a few older Surefire incandescents, anyone care to advise me on their experience with Malkoff? Any other aftermarket replacement suggestions are more than welcome, too.

CLBME

Enlightened
Superb customer service and products. All three of my 6P work lights have Malakoff drop-ins as well as my other light for work an MD2. The are dropped, scratched and used everyday. I also have a Malkoff hound dog. They come in many models. Highly recommended. :twothumbs

DoctorSolo

Newly Enlightened
They will not win any contests in terms of eye-bleeding lumen output.
They are efficient and very durable and reliable.

I am a big fan.

scout24

Flashaholic
The flip side of no eyebleed lumen output is no stepdown to speak of- If Gene says a certain lumen output for a certain time period, it's fact. And, you can hammer nails with the darn things... :D

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
No hesitation suggesting Malkoff at all.

Great Company and Product and I doubt you will find too many here who think otherwise.

tech25

Flashlight Enthusiast
malkoff is my primary light when im on duty. And my longer running light as well.
I have used malkoff for about 15 years without a hiccup. Knowing how long on hi they run is a huge plus!

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not to put down Malkoff, but they are a little too rich for my blood. I have had several Lumens Factory D26 drop ins for years that work great for me. They are one of the few companies that provide high CRI (90+) emitters, and at a very reasonable price. Their customer service is great as well. Mark, the owner, is a member here and drops in now and then with comments as well. And if you want to stay incan, they have some very nice incan drop ins as well, including some 3.7v that work great with a single Li-Ion in a 6P or G2 or the like.

JPA261

Flashlight Enthusiast
Malkoff's lights and drop ins are GREAT! All of my duty lights are Malkoff's and say that I could trust my life with these. Brought my old Surefire E2D incandescent and Surefire G2 back to life, with his new replacement head. They are little expensive but definitely worth every penny. Highly suggest his products and customer service is awesome.

Just be warned!! Once you get one, you will start getting more of his products.:twothumbs

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
They will not win any contests in terms of eye-bleeding lumen output.
They are efficient and very durable and reliable.

I am a big fan.

The flip side of no eyebleed lumen output is no stepdown to speak of- If Gene says a certain lumen output for a certain time period, it's fact. And, you can hammer nails with the darn things... :D

That's true. Gene does not compete in the lumen race. The specs are not exaggerated; no turbo mode for 5 min which then drops down to 50% while claiming 1,5 hours regulated runtime like competitors using the misleading ANSI FL-1 standard as a selling argument. Nothing of that. It's fair. Solid products of top quality and he stands behind his products. Recommended.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
A while ago I ordered my first Malkoff product on a Friday night. The next day I placed another order. Sunday afternoon another.

Monday morning I got an email from Mrs. Malkoff telling me if I don't mind they'd throw all 3 orders in one box and take off the shipping for the other two.
Shyeah-uh!

Thursday I had the order. Every item was wrapped in bubble wrap baggies surrounded by bubble wrap.... and a hand written thank you note on the invoice.

My last order was placed at about 9:00 Pm on a Friday night. At about 9:45 Pm I got an email saying order was packaged and waiting on USPS to pick it up.

I've placed orders for numerous items and upon arrival one was mis counted. An email to Malkoff was answered by both Gene and Kathy in minutes and the order was corrected same day.
That's the service part.

Now the products part:
My first MD2 was a hi/lo that left me speechless when I shined it on high in an open field with a nearby woodline. The M61WLL I put in a SureFire 6P rivaled that P60 output and tint without the filament shadow. The other M61's I've used in various tints and brightness' are amazing. His neutral beam is music to your eyes. And his regular tint isn't the least bit harsh.
He hooked up with McGizmo to design a seemless spot to spill that has to be seen in real life to understand how awesome it is.

The M31 is great for single cell lights or 2aa that use P60 sized emitters. The Streamlight SL20 and MagLite C/D upgrades re-invent the wheel so to speak while adding hours and hours of regulated runtime on alkaline cells.

All his parts and pieces are top quality and assembled with pride. There is nothing out there for the price that surpasses Malkoff products.
In todays terms Malkoff flashlights are a bargain.

And when he's not doing all that Malkoff genius he's giving away a flashlight each week to a local hero.. such as local police, emt, rangers and firemun.

Once you own a Malkoff you're in for life.

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like and have a wide variety of lights but Malkoff is #1 to me.All the benefits of LED but still offering user serviceability not found in many other LED lights and rock solid quality.Malkoffs aren't really lumen monsters but you know what you are getting and they are not being driven to the extreme.I have dozens of quality LED lights but I would give them all up before my Malkoffs.

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recently received my first Malkoff light and it has changed the way I look at this whole flashlight game. What i've always been concerned with is simplicity and reliability and I've found it. Add to that the best customer service I've had the pleasure of experiencing in a long time and you see why I'm a convert. I've been steadily gifting\selling off all my other lights since. Two Malkoff lights and considering a third.

ncgrass

Enlightened
I benefited from malkoff's kindness also. I bought an elzetta complete light and wanted to change the pill so I email asking which lens cover I needed. I got a prompt reply telling me which one I needed and asking for my address to send one to me, free of charge. Arrived a few days later with no issues. Now I have to change the batteries in that light since I use it too often...

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
ordering Malkoff here from Europe is just a joke - shipping cost wise

member Nailbender's P60 inserts are at least same ballpark, check at sub-forum custom and modified wts