Ultrafire / Cree on eBay

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
007, welcome to the forum. The answer is sorta complicated. I would use a default of NO. But it is possible. It is hard now to get genuine CREE leds even from reputable dealers. They have been duped by unscrupulous suppliers. Meaning there are tons of Fake CREE leds on the market. They are hard to distinguish.

Do you have to buy from eBay? Are you looking for a quality budget rig? If you are flexible on where you source your light from, search banggood for BLF A6 & X6, gearbest BLF D80. These are some of the best budget rigs money can buy at the moment.

kj2

Flashaholic
Cree makes leds, not flashlights. Those Chinese companies only write Cree on them, because it's a known company in the led business.

wensynch

Newly Enlightened
From my own observation, it looks to me that Ultrafire has been more aggressive with its brand name in more recent years, where there are less imitation Ultrafire lights that are marked with the Ultrafire brand. Although, there's still the same amount of the same light being sold by other companies, the knock-offs, largely unbranded, or with some other text. The text can also be special ordered to be customized to your liking, or even your own brand name like WenCree.

From experience, even the knock-off is usually the same, just put together with less care, so there may be some.. niggles. One of my knock-offs has the ring design for zoom and uses a ball bearing under the ring for travel. The one I got only had 1 ball flopping in a pocket much longer so the ring just spun freely, which confused me.

I inquire to seller who basically repeated the description basic specs, but it was China, so a deep explanation wasn't coming. Eventually, I cut a pen spring to place as a mount to the ball in the pinhole. Works fine. Not gonna complain for $6 test purchase.

Thus far, I haven't seen a light with a good zoom, which is probably the reason not too many brand names feature it. Perhaps, Vizeri?

ven

Flashaholic
Cree makes leds, not flashlights. Those Chinese companies only write Cree on them, because it's a known company in the led business.

+1

Simple answer is avoid, pay not much more and get a convoy. Choice of output and tints, different models to also choose from.................cant really go wrong for the money:)

James Bond

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the replies.

Do you have to buy from eBay? Are you looking for a quality budget rig? If you are flexible on where you source your light from, search banggood for BLF A6 & X6, gearbest BLF D80. These are some of the best budget rigs money can buy at the moment.

Not necessarily, I'm happy to buy elsewhere. Will definetely check those out!