For Australians - **** Smith closing down sale

stephenk

Enlightened
I'm sure most of the Australian CPF members are aware of the impending closure of **** Smith. The Fujitsu NiMHs and Chinese Eneloops flew of the shelves within a few hours of the sale starting!

If you were not impressed the the prices a few weeks ago, I would advise checking them out again now. I just picked up a combo pack of **** Smith own brand alkalines (12xAA, 14xAAA, 4xC, and 4xD) which comes in a plastic battery organiser/carry case for just AU$4.50. It was over $40 a fortnight ago. My wife immediately told me to buy another, so I did!

I feel sorry for the staff though.

harro

Enlightened
May have been a slight change to that. Supposedly someone has bought some of the company ( don't know what % but.. ) and they will honour warranties. Still no comfort for those with gift cards and of course, employees.

stephenk

Enlightened
May have been a slight change to that. Supposedly someone has bought some of the company ( don't know what % but.. ) and they will honour warranties. Still no comfort for those with gift cards and of course, employees.

Kogan have bought the name only, and will use it for an online electronics website. All of the high street stores will still be closing within a few weeks.

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
They had either a franchise deal or tried having shops here in the US 30 some years ago. I thought they folded up then. It must have just been the US experiment. I spent a lot of money there.