Bulb Life

Chas

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know the life expectancy of Surefire E-2 bulbs? And other Surefire products for that matter???

Best Regards,
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, I'd like to know more about that, over the whole range.

Rolls-Royce used to have a stock answer for customers who asked about the power of the engines -

'The power is quite sufficient'

Jahn
rolleyes.gif
frown.gif
shocked.gif
wink.gif

Unicorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
The high power bulb on the 9N seems to be about 20 hours, the low poer bulb a little less. I assume that the others are similar.

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lite-Lover:
Yes, I'd like to know more about that, over the whole range.

Rolls-Royce used to have a stock answer for customers who asked about the power of the engines -

'The power is quite sufficient'
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is a good one
smile.gif

Alan

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well what a crazy coincidence! We`ve been talking about that very same bulb over on the Antique Light Bulb collector`s forum lately. There is an online web cam pointed at it night and day, look, here it is.....this updates every 30 seconds....

<center>
bulbcam.jpg
</center>

So now we can all keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn`t ever go out!

shocked.gif
tongue.gif
rolleyes.gif
grin.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
There are bulbs that the military use in their installations such as warehouses, bunkers and such that will last 60+ years constant on or so I've heard.

It's the old saying that why sell something once when you can sell it a thousand times.

Only recently are there such bulbs for the consumer market.

I don't think it's the same with flashlight bulbs since the forces on them are so much more harsh.

JoeyL

Enlightened
I had one burn out only after one set of batteries but I think it was defective. The bulb was glued in at an angle and would not come out of the bezel without force.

Not a total loss, though. I converted it into an LED lamp. Acutally, after I made the LED, I was glad it burned out, but I hope the next one lasts longer.

Size15's

Flashaholic
I've put maybe 10 sets of DL123As through my E2. No problems.

I believe I've only had one Lamp die of old age;
The 1st N62 that saw the best part of 30 or so sets of batteries.

With me though, it's difficult to tell whether I've beaten a lamp to death. However, I treat my 12PM like a baby...

I believe the best way to ensure the bulb never breaks is to buy and carry a spare. You'll never need it unless you leave it at home. I've 'gotten' used to having atleast an SC2 and a couple film canisters travelling around with my whenever I've got a coat or bag.

Al
grin.gif

Chas

Newly Enlightened
Boy am I dumb - If you go to Bright Guy's website at: https://www.brightguy.com/detail.html?cart=30758267194291&sku=LASE2HA you'll find: Battery Type
Lithium
Battery Number 2 DL123A, included
Length 4.5"
Lamp Type Xenon, 20 hour life
Light Output 60 Lumens
Weight w/ Batteries 5 oz.
Run Time 75 minutes
also check out Batteries for Surefire good price or ???? in the Batteries included section

Best Regards,