Arc4 switch lock suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krahl

Newly Enlightened
I think it would be more useful if three clicks would lock the light instead of turning it to the dimmest level. (Which I also find useful)
The switch lock is a feature I need to use very often. Since it is an EDC I want to be able to wear it my pocket without having to fear of turning it on by accident. I wish to lock and unlock the light more easily. I think having to click the light more than ten times to lock it is not very practical.

Peter,
wouldn`t it be possible to ad an additional point to the options menu which changes the three-click function into switch lock? This way anyone can decide for himself which is more important.

Since I don`t have the light yet, how do the owners feel about my thoughts?

(Please excuse any poor English)

luca017

Newly Enlightened
Krahl, the semi tactical mode probably fits your needs best. You need to klick two times to switch the light on. If the button is clicked accidentally the light will not switch on but only flash once. I found this to be a quite safe mode.

kaseri

Enlightened
I haven't had my Arc 4 accidentally switch on. I carry it in my pocket every day and I've never had any problem with it turning on. It takes a good amount of pressure to switch it on and I would think that the casual "bump" wouldn't be enough pressure.

TCG

Newly Enlightened
seems unscrewing the head 1/2 turn provides a very reliable mechanical lockout. One cannot lock the light in tac 2 this way. When the head is screwed back in, it does the rfs. but that can be shut off.

I haven't carried mine this way, but it works quite well as a lockout. No more hassle than the lockout on surefires etc.

Todd

edit: even with rfs turned off, when the tube is screwed back in, the light glows dimmly for about 5 seconds and cannot be turned on while glowing. The lockout works, just takes 4 seconds to unlock. Faster and more secure than the software lockout.

Cyclops942

Flashlight Enthusiast
Somewhere in the vicinity of Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Darell, just because your persistent statement of desire for a dimmable light from Arc finally got us-- gasp-- a dimmable light from Arc doesn't mean that now we can nag Peter for a switch guard for a couple years and it will show up.

(or does it?)

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.