minimag turbohead

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
well, i finally got around to it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

it's still not done yet. i need to order a custom lens, and machine it down a tad more.
normally i wouldn't post until it was done, but i've been planning this for many months now, and i don't want anyone to beat me to it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

and without further doodoo:
wholething.jpg

i lost my personal mmm (complete with an r2h-mm+, titanium clip, glowpowdered head, and nubless optic!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif), so i took the picture on a mmm reject, that didn't make it to the final oring bore stage. that's why the kroll isn't on all the way.
the sandwhich is actually shifty's, he was kind enough to allow me to borrow it so i could build some things with it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

apart.jpg

bezelshotoff.jpg

bezelshoton.jpg

it works quite well, but was an enormous pain in the buttocks to make!
i had to turn down a minimag head and pressfit/epoxy it into the costom piece i made. it works ok, but not as well as a whole piece.
as i said before, it isn't quite done, but close enough that it's pretty hard to tell the difference /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oi oi!!!

what a nice thing you got there, hubba hubba boy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Hey, make me oNe too!!!

as a repo for lending mine? pretty please /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
YEa,

especially when you make something THAT kewl!!!

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Handy little light with a nice output! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

jtice

Flashaholic
Ahhhhh its done !!
And you beat me to it! darn.

Well nice work anyway Roth. I figured you would use the stock mag head and adapt it, I would too, much easier that way.
Turned out rather nice. Good work.

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Alright Roth! You probably know that you don't need this as much as I do, so would you kindly send it over? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

j/king!

nice work there... I'm serious! Very nice! Cool!

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
Awsome! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

I bet getting the inside threads for the head wasn't an easy job??

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

actually, i just turned down a minimag, and press-fit it in /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
can't do that evil 4-start stuff /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Roth,

you beat me to it. It's just what I was thinking of. Don't bad mouth press fitting. I've found it to be very effective, especially using the oven and freezer. I just turn the parts to be press fit down until they almost fit. The male part being a few 1/1000ths too big. Then I put the male part in the freezer and put the female part in the oven at about 300 degrees for 20 minutes. When I mate them, the parts drop right together, but when they reach room temp, there's no getting them a part. If I really want permanent, I use a little red loctite.

Good going on the Turbo Head.

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice work Roth /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
Chop's right on shrink-fits! (And when you *miss*, add a little "red" Lok-tite. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif (Nice Roth!)

Larry

AilSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
That looks very purty!

I have to congratulate you on what little I think I see of your Oring seal (bezel/head) solution.

Throw some more pics!

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
the seal works in the same way as the mclux pr works. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

i suck at beamshots, so didn't include any /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif
they should be the same as any other 1w(or lux3) in a pelican reflector though. tight beam with decent spill /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif