Remember 4077 M*A*S*H?

Lantern32

Enlightened
The TV show MASH is from the 1970s, and it's about a group of doctors in Korea during the war. It is known for its classic humor, and awesome storyline. It is a joy to watch, and really shows how people can make the best out of a bad situation. To this day, all 11 seasons MASH has been available via Netflix. Unfortunately, Netflix has just announced the removal of MASH on April 1st. A petition has been made directed to Netflix in hope to change this. The problem is, we need your help to spread the word of this petition. It is located at the following link:
http://chn.ge/1RaSSLt
Please share this link, and sign the petition to save this timeless classic.

That was an amazing show. Without going into the link, was there a reason given for removing it?

From a Netflix employee;

Okay I have good and bad news for you my friend. It looks like it (MASH) is scheduled to be removed on 4/01/2016 the reason for this is because our legal contracts will expire on that date and as of right now we haven't been able to renew them.
The good news is that we are still working to get new permissions for it so I am going to reach out to the content team and let them know we really don't want to see it go. There is a possibility we will be able to renew and leave it on Netflix for everyone to enjoy.

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've watched every episode multiple times, and it's one of my all time favorite shows.

I'm actually on season 10 episode 13 on Netflix now. I recently saw a message about the limited availability, but hadn't heard any more about it. Thanks for confirming.

I guess I'll speed up my watching routine.

Poppy

Flashaholic
Chance,
Thanks for the followup. :thumbsup:

Lantern32,
1. I didn't follow the link, primarily, because the domain is not one that I recognize at all, and I was afraid of a virus.
2. You didn't post a FULL ending date, only April 1st. No Year... this is the type of email, internet farce, that runs for years and years, because people do not think before they act. I'm not going to participate in that.
3. April fools day comes around every year on April 1st.
4. While, I enjoyed the show for many years, I rarely watch it now. And Netflix decisions will be made by viewership, and cost.

I hope that Netflix can get it at a reasonable price, and is able to continue to run it.

Last edited:

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it's a farce, then it's fully supported by Netflix. I'm starting episode 18 now, and it clearly states Available until Apr 1st.

Lantern32

Enlightened
Chance,
Thanks for the followup. :thumbsup:

Lantern32,
1. I didn't follow the link, primarily, because the domain is not one that I recognize at all, and I was afraid of a virus.
2. You didn't post a FULL ending date, only April 1st. No Year... this is the type of email, internet farce, that runs for years and years, because people do not think before they act. I'm not going to participate in that.
3. April fools day comes around every year on April 1st.
4. While, I enjoyed the show for many years, I rarely watch it now. And Netflix decisions will be made by viewership, and cost.

I hope that Netflix can get it at a reasonable price, and is able to continue to run it.

I apologize about the link. I shortened it because I believed it would be more convenient for everyone. Here is the full link:

https://www.change.org/p/netflix-ne...source=share_for_starters&utm_medium=copyLink

Again, I apologize about the link. Also, April 1st of this year.

Lantern32

Enlightened
From a Netflix employee;

Okay I have good and bad news for you my friend. It looks like it (MASH) is scheduled to be removed on 4/01/2016 the reason for this is because our legal contracts will expire on that date and as of right now we haven't been able to renew them.
The good news is that we are still working to get new permissions for it so I am going to reach out to the content team and let them know we really don't want to see it go. There is a possibility we will be able to renew and leave it on Netflix for everyone to enjoy.

Hello,
I appreciate you reaching out to the team. It's just there are so many ridiculous movies on Netflix (the Ridiculous 6 for example) and it makes you really want to hang on to the old, classic shows.

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
My wife and I have enjoyed watching episodes of MASH on Netflix, too. It is a show that I have watched since being a boy and seeing it with my dad right after the night news at 10pm when I was growing up. It is always good for lightening the mood and making me smile and laugh.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
It almost seems necessary to have a show like MASH available via online streaming just for the sake of archiving; I remember being in a thrift store ~15 years ago and seeing someone's ridiculously massive VHS collection of the MASH series, took up its own entire shelf, I can't imagine the amount of work the original owner must've put into acquiring it. What a blessing to have real classic TV, the TV that should be historically available, online and on demand.

For those who don't know, check out Season 2 Episode 2, "Five O'Clock Charlie".

Lantern32

Enlightened
My wife and I have enjoyed watching episodes of MASH on Netflix, too. It is a show that I have watched since being a boy and seeing it with my dad right after the night news at 10pm when I was growing up. It is always good for lightening the mood and making me smile and laugh.

It would mean a lot if you signed the petition! The characters mean so much to me. I feel as if I know them personally!

Lantern32

Enlightened
It almost seems necessary to have a show like MASH available via online streaming just for the sake of archiving; I remember being in a thrift store ~15 years ago and seeing someone's ridiculously massive VHS collection of the MASH series, took up its own entire shelf, I can't imagine the amount of work the original owner must've put into acquiring it. What a blessing to have real classic TV, the TV that should be historically available, online and on demand.

For those who don't know, check out Season 2 Episode 2, "Five O'Clock Charlie".

Signing the petition would mean a lot! I'm so glad that 5 O' clock Charlie didn't get blown up! it was really funny when be blew up the jeep. Luckily they distracted frank, and changed the adjustments!

HarryN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lantern, I hope that you are not an employee of the company that sells over priced video to Netflix, and then promotes petitions to try to get Netflix to keep a show. That is why Netflix has to keep raising their prices, and the show options are decreasing.

Let's be honest, while MASH was a decent series, it has been on Netflix forever. Anyone who wanted to see it has seen it by now. After the first 4-5 seasons, the shows were more or less repeats.

I am not throwing stones at MASH, I like some series shows that were more or less plot repeats as well. Let the show series expire and let's get some new stuff on. If the studios were not over charging for their films, then more quality options could become available.

These high priced studio shows are why Netflix is getting filled up with self- made / original netflix shows. Some are ok, most are mediocre.

There are plenty of movies that I would like instead, for example
- the original Pink Panther movie series from the 60s with Peter Sellers
- the Death Wish series with Bronson
- etc.

Last edited: