Ordered my first surefire...

AWZ1287

Newly Enlightened
I just ordered my first surefire. After years of "window shopping", I finally just went for it. It should be here Wednesday. I got a p1r peacekeeper and some orbtronic 3500mah batteries.
I am excited, but still kinda nervous being that it is the most I have ever spent on a light.

Any accessories I should be looking at?
Any runtime estimates with the 3500mah batteries?

tonkem

Enlightened
I have a surefire holster that I use with my Peacekeeper. I used it with my Fury, until it was replaced by the Peacekeeper. Works well for belt carry. Although I primarily use the Peacekeeper as a vehicle light for my wife. :) Congrats on the light. I can tell you it will only get more expensive from here. I would advise you to think about what you will use the light for, before spending a bunch of cash on many different types and sizes of lights. I have been thru many thousands of dollars trying to find the perfect light, and for me, that is the Zebralight Sc63, at least right now :) Welcome to the obsession.

I just ordered my first surefire. After years of "window shopping", I finally just went for it. It should be here Wednesday. I got a p1r peacekeeper and some orbtronic 3500mah batteries.
I am excited, but still kinda nervous being that it is the most I have ever spent on a light.

Any accessories I should be looking at?
Any runtime estimates with the 3500mah batteries?

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Depending on your requeirements I's try to get the followed:

Surefire FM47 BeamCover
Surefire FM46 Blue Filter
Surefire FM45 Red Filter
Surefire FM44 Diffuser

They are all out of production but I'm pretty sure they are possible to find...

DoctorSolo

Newly Enlightened
Congrats.

Enjoy the light, it's expensive but you will enjoy it. Surefire makes good stuff.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrats on the expensive Surefire! You made a good choice on the battery. Ive never been able to bring myself to spend what Surefire wants on their prime stuff but hey Im sure its gonna be a great light that should last a very long time. There is also the Olight 3600mah 18650 now just so you know. Features the new gen protection circuit design which means the protection circuit as only at the positive end there is no metal strap running down the side under the wrapper to connect the anode PC to the cathode PC. Cool stuff also makes it closer to being actually 65mm. Orbtronic are a sure bet though as are Keeppower I own dozens of both.

I see it is a rechargeable light. From what I gathered off their site its not a micro USB connection its a traditional DC plug in?

Good to have the rechargeable feature there but would still advise getting a Xtar VP2 stand alone charger Im sure the Xtar charges the cell faster and more accurately. Good looking light though. Still to rich for my blood. Also surprisingly small...oh well enjoy the heck out of it I would

Last edited:

5S8Zh5

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice score!

kJuP1Fs.jpg

AWZ1287

Newly Enlightened
Nice collection, I like the way the 6p lights look. I may have to look into them.

AWZ1287

Newly Enlightened
Depending on your requeirements I's try to get the followed:

Surefire FM47 BeamCover
Surefire FM46 Blue Filter
Surefire FM45 Red Filter
Surefire FM44 Diffuser

They are all out of production but I'm pretty sure they are possible to find...

I was looking at the Red filter, but they are over $100. I see they make the $30 slip on filters but they are only for smaller bezel diameters. Any chance they are planning to make one for the 1.37" lights?

AWZ1287

Newly Enlightened
Congrats on the expensive Surefire! You made a good choice on the battery. Ive never been able to bring myself to spend what Surefire wants on their prime stuff but hey Im sure its gonna be a great light that should last a very long time. There is also the Olight 3600mah 18650 now just so you know. Features the new gen protection circuit design which means the protection circuit as only at the positive end there is no metal strap running down the side under the wrapper to connect the anode PC to the cathode PC. Cool stuff also makes it closer to being actually 65mm. Orbtronic are a sure bet though as are Keeppower I own dozens of both.

I see it is a rechargeable light. From what I gathered off their site its not a micro USB connection its a traditional DC plug in?

Good to have the rechargeable feature there but would still advise getting a Xtar VP2 stand alone charger Im sure the Xtar charges the cell faster and more accurately. Good looking light though. Still to rich for my blood. Also surprisingly small...oh well enjoy the heck out of it I would

Yes, that is actually the charger I was just planning on getting. It is not a direct plug in, you still have to charge the batteries outside. They just say rechargeable bc all there other lights don't expect the 18650 cells. I do believe they are planning on releasing a usb version but I don't know when.

AWZ1287

Newly Enlightened
I have a surefire holster that I use with my Peacekeeper. I used it with my Fury, until it was replaced by the Peacekeeper. Works well for belt carry. Although I primarily use the Peacekeeper as a vehicle light for my wife. :) Congrats on the light. I can tell you it will only get more expensive from here. I would advise you to think about what you will use the light for, before spending a bunch of cash on many different types and sizes of lights. I have been thru many thousands of dollars trying to find the perfect light, and for me, that is the Zebralight Sc63, at least right now :) Welcome to the obsession.

I don't have a definite plan for it yet, I am probably going to use it as an bedside light, and try it out as an edc.

blanex1

Newly Enlightened
vary nice light,and i would say,really take a look at the 6P its a vary versatile light with its drop-in led,i have just six of them i have collected over the years and changing out the LED's when ever i like!makes it best surefire's i own.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
rechargeable just means it takes an 18650? I went over the product page pretty well noticed they left out key specifics as they tend to do on most their lights. What a turn off. It is 2016 SF needs to stop relying on their fat government contracts and catch up with the rest of the industry. Still a very very nice light though. If youve got the cash for then youve got the cash for it I go off of value primarily and most SF's are horrendous values. Its good they have their lower priced nitrolon stuff now etc. but Fury's etc. may be fine lights but for the cost of the 1000 lumen Fury Ive always wanted I can buy 3 Chinese lights that are just as well built have the same output and have far more features. Drives me crazy. Would love the 600 lumen Fury but....I already have dozens of lights that do what the Fury does and do it better for half the cost. Ugh. Sorry about the rant. Its just I found an older 500 lumen Fury for sale at a local LEO outfitter store. It was used and they wanted $155 for it. Having to feed the Furys CR123's all the time just costs to much even if you buy them in bulk online.

A fellow CPFer sent me a brand new red filter/flipper adapter for a 6P as a thank you for some professional advice I gave him so now Im lining up where best to get a 6P and what LED drop in to choose.

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was looking at the Red filter, but they are over $100. I see they make the $30 slip on filters but they are only for smaller bezel diameters. Any chance they are planning to make one for the 1.37" lights?[/QUOTE

Here are some more possible options for filters, if you can find them.

These list is from a roughly 9-year-old thread.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?169712-Surefire-Flip-cap-Filters (this comes from post# 3)

Classic BeamFilters for Taclight (Z32) (1.36" diameter)
F11 - Red
F12 - IR
F13 - Cover
F19 - Blue
F63 - BeamShaper (Medium)
F64 - BeamShaper (Wide)

ven

Flashaholic
rechargeable just means it takes an 18650? I went over the product page pretty well noticed they left out key specifics as they tend to do on most their lights. What a turn off. It is 2016 SF needs to stop relying on their fat government contracts and catch up with the rest of the industry. Still a very very nice light though. If youve got the cash for then youve got the cash for it I go off of value primarily and most SF's are horrendous values. Its good they have their lower priced nitrolon stuff now etc. but Fury's etc. may be fine lights but for the cost of the 1000 lumen Fury Ive always wanted I can buy 3 Chinese lights that are just as well built have the same output and have far more features. Drives me crazy. Would love the 600 lumen Fury but....I already have dozens of lights that do what the Fury does and do it better for half the cost. Ugh. Sorry about the rant. Its just I found an older 500 lumen Fury for sale at a local LEO outfitter store. It was used and they wanted $155 for it. Having to feed the Furys CR123's all the time just costs to much even if you buy them in bulk online.

A fellow CPFer sent me a brand new red filter/flipper adapter for a 6P as a thank you for some professional advice I gave him so now Im lining up where best to get a 6P and what LED drop in to choose.

16650's are the answer and pushed me over the edge(not on a fury though). 4.35v 2500mah

Hef

Newly Enlightened
It won't be your last trust me. SF lights are worth every penny, I own several and if I could only have one it would be the Peacekeeper. You made a great choice for your first SF, you could stop right there and be in great shape. I have had great luck with my Peacekeeper and will probably get the USB version when it is released.

Jannojj

Newly Enlightened
They are great, I have not sold any of them ,I just got eb1&2 they are very nice.