LED with low/med/hi control

kleinbus

Newly Enlightened
Hi,
I'm on the edge of buying Zebra's (smart power button with low/medium/high) and begun to wonder is there other brands with this feature?

On trip and writing from phone so I apologize I haven't done much search but I thought to ask from folks who has more knowledge/experience from these.

Preferably brand that would offer full range from AA's to D's?

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi,
I'm on the edge of buying Zebra's (smart power button with low/medium/high) and begun to wonder is there other brands with this feature?

On trip and writing from phone so I apologize I haven't done many searches but I thought to ask from folks who has more knowledge/experience from these.

Preferably brand that would offer the full range from AA's to D's?

Loads offer that function just for starters check out Fenix.One of my most used light is my Nitecore D25 clicky in either AA or 123 cell not bothered love them both and they have a memory as well.

wensynch

Newly Enlightened
Need to more specific in what type of L-m-h configuration you are looking into, as there are lights with only 3 modes, l-m-h, but there are lights with more modes like 5 modes, like strobe-l-m-h-turbo, or its various configurations, which also have the mentioned 3 modes, l-m-h.

As mentioned, plenty of brands offer what you are looking for. Just some points among many more to consider before diving in. It's a big pool.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just about every light in the $50 or higher range offers multiple power modes (L-M-H). However, very few offer an interface as nice as Zebralight's.

kleinbus

Newly Enlightened
:shakehead I'm flashlight terminology noob so bear with me....

I have no need for strobe as the l/m/h is more important and Zebra type programming is just a bonus.

The Hawk

Enlightened
I just bought a Fenix E05 and really like it. It runs on a single AAA battery and when you turn it on, it starts on low, next stage is med. then high. As others have mentioned, there are lots of brands that do the same thing. Have fun shopping and let us know what you buy.

The Hawk

Enlightened
Fenix EO5 low = 8 lumen with 15 hour run time. Med = 25 lumen with 4 hour run time. High = 85 lumen with 45 minute run time. Uses 1 AAA battery. Twist on/off, will tail stand.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix EO5 low = 8 lumen with 15 hour run time. Med = 25 lumen with 4 hour run time. High = 85 lumen with 45 minute run time. Uses 1 AAA battery. Twist on/off, will tail stand.

The guy was thinking of a Zebra, why are you recommending a key chain light not even in the same ballpark.

kleinbus

Newly Enlightened
Thank you for folks pointing out various brands and I ended up buying few Fenix's, charger and few 18650's...

So far looks good and mostly at no light environment I end up using the 5 lume lowest setting and then step up brighter if needed. Time will show how they hold up in recreational use (not professional 24/7).

Last edited:

kleinbus

Newly Enlightened
For these few days I have owned Fenix's, these are great for the size but now I'm looking something bigger and in lack of better expression, I could say "3-18650" or "4-18650" and not, uummmmm too large reflector. Yeah the "too large" is perfect and precise...

Functions: Smart button with l/m/h (from 1 or so lume to as bright as it gets), strobe etc not necessary but can be considered as bonus.

Battery capacity: Three 18650's or four 18650's.

So I was looking AceBeam K40S, X60M and various others but the reflector size on K40 is what I'm looking for.

So you all enlightened holists, please share your wisdom about other brands having equivalent features as I'm unable to find reliable online source and there isn't many US dealers for M40S?

Edit: Found Thrunite TN31 but I can't find webstore nor US dealers....

Last edited:

kleinbus

Newly Enlightened
These 18650 cells created new carry/storage issue and while looking various lights, I happened to come across a holder (available in few different colors) so I thought to try and ordered red and clear and glued them together so red would hold the full ones and after swapping, the clear would hold the empty ones.

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
Malkoff MDC HA TAC 1CR123. It rocks. It is the perfect size for EDC, and the 3 levels are perfect.

RWT1405

Flashlight Enthusiast
The guy was thinking of a Zebra, why are you recommending a key chain light not even in the same ballpark.

Probably because the OP asked
"Hi, I'm on the edge of buying Zebra's (smart power button with low/medium/high) and begun to wonder is there other brands with this feature?"