FS: 5,000+ lumen Dropin for Maglite.

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Greeting from Adventure Sport :D

Here is the newest version of the Superbulb™ for Maglite. This is a Pre-Sale so lead times will be around 3 weeks. Prices are only guaranteed until then.

3x XML2 2,000+ lumen here.

3x XHP50 5,000+ lumen here.

26650 host conversion kit here

XML2

XHP50

Now in stock 800 lumen 3-6 cell bulb here.

Thanks all.

Last edited:

tjhabak

Enlightened
Oh wow! These will rekindle some long-lost Maglite love affairs! How insane is a 5000 lumen 2D Mag?!?! I sense a pair of 26650's and a triple XHP50 drop-in in my near future!

Jannojj

Newly Enlightened
I got one of your 18350 triples torches . I really like it

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast
any temp options on the XHP50? also, i have one of your XHP70 modded maglites, would one of these dropins also work in that if i take out the light engine?

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you for your comments all.

tab665,

The only color I have the Mag bulbs in is 2B in the XHP50 and 1C in the XML2. If you have the XHP70 mag with the copper light engine in it those are fixed in place, and the switch tower has been removed so the dropin will not work. If you want to have your bulb run in a 2 D mag like the ASX70 does I offer the parts or service to do it.

I have been trying to make it so that anyone can just pick up the parts and convert a 2 D themselves.

Here are the sleeves.

There is a link in the description for a short video on how to do the conversion ( its simple). If you prefer to have me do it I can order a host and take care of it for you :)

Toolboxkid

Enlightened
What color temp is 2B? I apologize for not being familiar with bin terminology. Is it cool neutral or warm?

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
What color temp is 2B? I apologize for not being familiar with bin terminology. Is it cool neutral or warm?
Thats ok, none of us were born knowing these things. 2B is still a fairly cool tint.

Here is a chart that has helped me greatly.
upload pic

A basic rule of thumb for grouping is 0,1,2 bin are cool, 3,4,5 are neutral, and lower is warm. That is at least how I have always heard them referred to anyway.

Moving forward the bulbs will have only the cool white designation which means 1 ABCD or 2 ABCD because I purchase emitters from multiple suppliers (because I bought all the other suppliers remaining stock) and many of them do not give me exact chromaticity regions (tint bin). As long as the keep the highest possible output bins in stock I am happy :D.

Toolboxkid

Enlightened
Thank you! That chart is very helpful, but I tend to favor more of a neutral or slightly warm tint. If you ever decide to make some of these in 3500-5000 flavor I'd be interested.

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks interesting. What kind of run times are you getting at 5,000 lumens?

Hi nova,

Its a bit tough to get an exact number on these with a linear driver in play but I am going to say that a reasonable estimate for either bulb is this.

Run time approximation:
High: 50 min
Med: 3.5 hours
Low: 87 hours

Variation on those numbers will depend mostly on what cells your using.

Last edited:

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Could u pm me the price of a full conversion?

Do u have a set up that is all throw?

Hi,
Here is a link for the full setup. This includes a host that the conversion is already done on.
http://asflashlights.com/custom-mag...1&id_employee=1&theme=theme7&theme_font=font3

If you would like a setup with a bit more range, one of these might be the way to go. I can offer this with a de-domed LED to increase range.
http://asflashlights.com/custom-mag...1&id_employee=1&theme=theme7&theme_font=font3

Bushman5

Enlightened
Hello Vesture!

in your online shop right now with a 5000 lumen drop in for my mag in the cart.

I have a 6 cell D Mag with the "D" in the serial number.

QUESTION! is the 5000 lumen output ONLY with IMR cells?

- whats the MAX volts your drop in can handle?

- if i use 6 D sized alkalines, whats the lumens output and runtime?

- Does the FIREFLY module run at 800 lumens on 6 D alkaline cells?

many thanks

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Bushman,

You could get the 5,000 lumen output using a pair of IMR 26650s, or also get pretty close with quality NIMH D cells like Tengergy Centura. Using Alkaline cellls you might get half of that. Maximum voltage for the bulb is 8.4 actual volts. You can use 6x 1.5V alkaline cells because they only put out around 1.2V under a load. Yes, the firefly would be 800 lumen using 6 alkaline D cells.