• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Tri-EDC Light Engine Upgrade Run #4 - (all sold)

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am excited to present the Tri-EDC Light Engine Upgrade Run #4. I wish I had more LEs to offer this time around but these are the last of the Tri-EDC heatsinks I have available.

The building blocks and features are as follows:

• Tellurium Copper heat sink offered by mcbrat. This heat sink is very well machined and in every way as good as the ones made by Jeff for the first two runs.
  • Noctigon copper triple mPCB with XP-L High Intensity LEDs in U5 – 4000K neutral white.
  • MtnElectronics FET based 17DD driver. I worked with Richard over at MtnElectronics and was able to secure a custom programmed version with the lucidrv/FT firmware. This firmware is tweaked to work properly with the FET. It features 16 programmable levels, 2-mode groups with up to 7 levels each, multiple memory options with off time memory, 18kHz PWM for a no flicker experience and battery level monitoring.
  • Spring replaced with solid brass 2x5mm button for best battery contact.
  • Carclo narrow clear optic.

I also have one LE which is made from a stock Al heat sink which features Nichia 219B HiCRI 4500K LEDs, a 7135/FET based driver running the guppydrv firmware with the moonlight option (instructions can be found here: http://www.mtnelectronics.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=67_117&product_id=480), a brass button contact and a Carclo clear narrow optic.

These LEs are very bright. On a freshly charged AW 18350 IMR cell they are capable of pulling over 6+ Amps. It is your responsibility to never run this LE unattended. There is no turbo timer so let your hand be the guide to control heat.

You must post in this thread your "I'll take it." No sales via PM. Please state the next available LE number and tint in your posting. In the event of multiple postings I will base sale on post timestamps.

Shipping will be done via USPS at the following additional cost:

• US via USPS Priority USPS Small Flat Rate box - $6
  • International Shipping at cost to be determined at time of sale

Prompt payment via PayPal Purchase option only appreciated.

Price Each: $110 (Nichia 219B LE is $90)

**** One LE per person ****

Light Engines:

1 – XP-L HI 4000K - SOLD to luck
2 – XP-L HI 4000K - SOLD to az2ak

3 - Nichia 219B - SOLD to jal

DSC00179.JPG

DSC00180.JPG

Last edited:

luck

Newly Enlightened
Re: Tri-EDC Light Engine Upgrade Run #4

I'll take #1

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Tri-EDC Light Engine Upgrade Run #4

All sold for now - thank you.

Maybe another run in the future if I can source more of the copper heat sinks.