• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired (SOLD) WTS: Upgraded McGizmo Haiku LE - XP-L HI - complete kit

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
For sale is an upgraded McGizmo Haiku LE.

The following general rules apply:

• First posted "I'll take it." gets the item over any PMs in progress.
  • Prompt payment via PayPal Purchase option appreciated.
  • Shipping costs:
    • CONUS included
    • International please add $10

The light engine has been upgraded with a FET based driver featuring the guppydrv software. The LED has been upgraded with a Noctigon 16mm copper mPCB and a XP-L HI U4 4000K LED.

Note: In testing this particular XP-L HI seems to be on the cooler end of the 4000K batch. I would put it closer to 4300-4400K.

To make this a complete upgrade package for any Haiku I am also including a XP-G/Nichia Haiku reflector and centering o-ring.

The guppydrv firmware allows you to select from one of 24 different pre-programmed mode groups. With a fresh AW IMR 16340 cell this driver will push around ~2.7 Amps to the LED. It also features a programmable step-down timer to prevent overheating (this must be programmed by the user before it is enabled). More information on the driver and programming instructions for the guppydrv firmware can be found here: http://www.mtnelectronics.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=67_117&product_id=493

Please note that this driver is designed to be used with one 16340 sized Li Ion battery. It will operate on a single CR123 in a pinch but with reduced performance.

Price: $150 SOLD

DSC00181.JPG

DSC00182.JPG

DSC00183.JPG

Last edited:

archimedes

Flashaholic
Re: WTS: Upgraded McGizmo Haiku LE - XP-L HI - complete kit

Question (still 100% want it, either way, though) ... any concerns with running this in a SunDrop bezel instead ?

Without the reflector, of course.

Will it fit in the old original SD, or is the emitter tall enough to need the newer XR-U bezel to fit ?

Just trying to figure out what build I might want to use this for ... thanks !

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast

Question (still 100% want it, either way, though) ... any concerns with running this in a SunDrop bezel instead ?

Without the reflector, of course.

Will it fit in the old original SD, or is the emitter tall enough to need the newer XR-U bezel to fit ?

Just trying to figure out what build I might want to use this for ... thanks !

I think (and mind you this is me thinking out loud here) that you will get the best heat transfer in a Haiku where the PCB will squeeze up against the flashlight body and allow heat to get out from the top and bottom. With a mule setup you are only pushing heat out through the body of the LE. I think you'd be fine, but I would moderate how long you use full power - bursts would be better than longer runs.

I've never had a SunDrop so I am not too familiar with the setup and different options. But, the XP-L HI is a very flat led, like just the base with no lens. So it should fit in pretty much anything.

archimedes

Flashaholic

Paypal sent, thanks !

Apart from some differences in external styling, the SunDrop is basically a mule, but with a domed sapphire lens, instead of a flat (plano) window.

I don't plan to use this flat out on max for extended runs, anyway.

Last edited:

archimedes

Flashaholic
Arrived ... many thanks !

Beautiful tint, too :)

Fits and runs well in the SunDrop. Lots of modes, lots of lumens .... I like it [emoji106]