18650s from Zebralight sc62 and sc62w button pushed in

TA_ls1

Enlightened
I have an Orbtronic protected 3400 mah in each, and when I took them out to charge I noticed the button on both is kind of pushed in. I've charged them many times but never paid attention to the button. Is this an issue or will it be down the road? Will it affect the longevity of the batteries? Thanks.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a few 18650's with depressed button tops when I was experimenting with P60 hosts. They function just fine, but continue to check on them when I go to recharge. There should be no change in long term use with their condition.

TA_ls1

Enlightened
Ok thanks, I was a little worried. I wonder if all Zebralight's cause this.

UnderPar

Enlightened
I have the SC62 cool and neutral white version and it has been my EDC light just a few months after it was released. I also charge my battery almost every two weeks and never had issues on the buttons. In your case, its probably the battery that has an issue.

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
No issues like this in my SC62w but my 63w and MK3 HI have done this to my 18650ga cells. Doesn't seem to affect them as it is a slight depression and they charge/discharge fine. I would keep an eye on it though just to make sure nothing changes. With lithium cells it's always a good idea to visually inspect the cell before putting it in the light or charger to ensure its in good condition. I do this with all cells and it helped my catch an old Nitecore cell that had a peeled wrapper before it was too late.