Armytek Doberman Pro- advance mode help / Battery suggestions

Alfred143

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys, just got my AT Dobermann Pro XP-L HI.

i can't seem to take out the Advance modes/strobe. I did the quick 5 times twist but with no luck.

Also any battery recommendations. Hi amp discharde? Non- Protected?

Last edited:

Alfred143

Newly Enlightened
Re: Army teak Doberman Pro- advance mode help

Looking at :18650 Keeppower IMR18650 3200mAh High Discharge Button Top and 18650 KeepPower 3500mAh Sanyo NCR18650GA Protected Button Top.

Should I be concern about the cheaper unprotected cells, since the Dobermann Pro has a low battery warning (4 flashes)?

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast

unprotected cells should be of no concern in this light just choose your unprotected cell wisely. I myself put Keeppower 3500mah 10amp NCR18650GA based cells in my 3 V3 AT's. I swear I read that the AT's especially the HI's run at over 1 amp could have sworn I read as high as 4 amps somewhere but cannot find those info sources anymore. So to be on the safe side I put the GA based Keeppowers in all three and all three work flawlessly and seriously crank hard.

Alfred143

Newly Enlightened

unprotected cells should be of no concern in this light just choose your unprotected cell wisely. I myself put Keeppower 3500mah 10amp NCR18650GA based cells in my 3 V3 AT's. I swear I read that the AT's especially the HI's run at over 1 amp could have sworn I read as high as 4 amps somewhere but cannot find those info sources anymore. So to be on the safe side I put the GA based Keeppowers in all three and all three work flawlessly and seriously crank hard.
Thanks CelticCross74!

Last edited:

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast

yw. I personally would go with either the Orbtronic or Keeppower 3500mah 10amp GA protected cells. Even though the AT has all the necessary protections already built into the light I just respect the fact that a fully charged high capacity 18650 can explode like a flashbang grenade and or totally melt down in a steaming toxic spew. So for me the more protection the better. That and I am convinced the V3 AT's etc. are more than 1 amp lights the GA cells also have much less internal resistance to boot.