The Fenix-Store        

Thread: Olight S10RII won't turn on, please help

Default Olight S10RII won't turn on, please help

I've been EDCing it for about a month and tonight after I took it off the charger it won't turn on. I tested the olight rcr123a battery and it was fully charged and I also tried a different battery and the light still won't turn on. Does anyone have any idea what is wrong or what may have caused this?

Flashaholic* Crazyeddiethefirst's Avatar

Default Re: Olight S10RII won't turn on, please help

Dis you accidentally electronically lock it out? Hold the button down for 3-4 seconds & see if it comes on in moonlight-if it does release button or else it will lock out again. Also on the RII is the battery "upside down" like the first one? I have had to watch myself since 95% of all my other lights take the + side up instead of down.
    Also, have you cleaned the threads with alcohol & tried a new battery just in case the circuit in the existing battery tripped?

Yeah, I though about the lock out, so I tried that too, but nothing. I also checked the threads and the light and all is clean, as well as tried other batteries. It stopped working after I took it off the olight charging stand so I wonder if that had something to do with why it stopped working?

Flashaholic* Crazyeddiethefirst's Avatar

Does the spring at the bottom of the light look stuck? One last thought-try placing it on the charging base & turn it on to see if turns on with power from the base. Olight has a thread on CPF, maybe ask them for any ideas, and at the very worst, if you have to send it back they have been very good to me. Sorry I don't have any other ideas, but thankfully there are a lot of others here who may be able to help. I have all of the "R" series, that I am building a custom base for so that as I head out the door I can always just "grab & go". Another idea on my list is a modified tailcap for my titanium S30 so I can "base" charge it as well...

For me, most issues like this are solved by careful cleaning of ALL contact points.
    "Be careful, even in small matters" - Miyamoto Musashi

I tried everything mentioned above, there must be something internally wrong. I'm sending it back since I got it through Amazon. It's too bad since it was the perfect edc light for me. I love the size, UI, magnetic tail, aND charging stand. I'm not sure I can trust another olight, so now I guess the search begins for another edc...

Should mention that I suffered nearly the same malfunction with S15R. Still waiting for replacement to a S10R. Don't know what have happened, but that was definitely a driver gone astray.