Olight S10RII won't turn on, please help

TA_ls1

Enlightened
I've been EDCing it for about a month and tonight after I took it off the charger it won't turn on. I tested the olight rcr123a battery and it was fully charged and I also tried a different battery and the light still won't turn on. Does anyone have any idea what is wrong or what may have caused this?

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dis you accidentally electronically lock it out? Hold the button down for 3-4 seconds & see if it comes on in moonlight-if it does release button or else it will lock out again. Also on the RII is the battery "upside down" like the first one? I have had to watch myself since 95% of all my other lights take the + side up instead of down.
Also, have you cleaned the threads with alcohol & tried a new battery just in case the circuit in the existing battery tripped?

TA_ls1

Enlightened
Yeah, I though about the lock out, so I tried that too, but nothing. I also checked the threads and the light and all is clean, as well as tried other batteries. It stopped working after I took it off the olight charging stand so I wonder if that had something to do with why it stopped working?

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does the spring at the bottom of the light look stuck? One last thought-try placing it on the charging base & turn it on to see if turns on with power from the base. Olight has a thread on CPF, maybe ask them for any ideas, and at the very worst, if you have to send it back they have been very good to me. Sorry I don't have any other ideas, but thankfully there are a lot of others here who may be able to help. I have all of the "R" series, that I am building a custom base for so that as I head out the door I can always just "grab & go". Another idea on my list is a modified tailcap for my titanium S30 so I can "base" charge it as well...

TA_ls1

Enlightened
I tried everything mentioned above, there must be something internally wrong. I'm sending it back since I got it through Amazon. It's too bad since it was the perfect edc light for me. I love the size, UI, magnetic tail, aND charging stand. I'm not sure I can trust another olight, so now I guess the search begins for another edc...

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Should mention that I suffered nearly the same malfunction with S15R. Still waiting for replacement to a S10R. Don't know what have happened, but that was definitely a driver gone astray.