FourSevens        

Thread: Got the NEW Maglite ML25IT 2C

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Got the NEW Maglite ML25IT 2C

This is not released on the Maglite's official website yet but I just got some on Ebay....
    Maglite is such a strange company that it is still developing incandescent lights... in 2016 but this is a good thing for Maglite / incan lovers

This 2C light is very short and cute. It uses 2-Cell bi-pin bulb just like the new Maglite 2C incans and it offers 30 lumens.
    This is basically an incan version of the ML25LT LED light.
    It is very well built and reliable.
    I think maybe this is the last classic Maglite....

Default Re: Got the NEW Maglite ML25IT 2C

Looks like you're good and stocked up on these.

I hope it's the next classic instead of the last classic by MagLite and was very happy to see this one in incan.

Check out the 3 cell model when you can.

Here's a 3 cell version next to the classic 2C.

Edit:
    Did you get some with ultra-low serial numbers?
    One of mine was #00000109 ⊙▁⊙
    Last edited by bykfixer; 11-23-2017 at 06:26 AM.
    John 3:16

Just curious, does anyone know if the Malkoff drop ins will work with these?

No. The full size bi-pin holder is easily removed from full size lights making it easy for swapping in the Malkoff.
    This one has the bi-pin holder fixed kinda similar to a mini mag. So without removing and disassembling the switch assembly only a bi-pin LED drop in will work.

Now I tried a TerraLUX and Nite Ize mini mag drop in that will work. But it's fitament does not allow the head to be used as an on/off switch.

Quote Originally Posted by bykfixer View Post
    No. The full size bi-pin holder is easily removed from full size lights making it easy for swapping in the Malkoff.
    This one has the bi-pin holder fixed kinda similar to a mini mag. So without removing and disassembling the switch assembly only a bi-pin LED drop in will work.

Now I tried a TerraLUX and Nite Ize mini mag drop in that will work. But it's fitament does not allow the head to be used as an on/off switch.
    I do think that there is a way to disassemble the light and replace the bi-pin socket with a P13.5S/PR bulb (xenon / krypton / led) because I believe Maglite just installs the old plastic bi-pin socket = the one used in new version C/D cell Maglites.
    But the hole of the plastic reflector needs to be expanded in this case.

The easiest mod for now is to insert a 6-cell bi-pin bulb and use 2x 3.7v li-ion or 3x CR123A batteries.
    I think the plastic socket will work fine with 6-cell bulb because the 6D-cell Maglite use the same thing but I think the plastic reflector will be melted because the hole is too small and too close to the bulb, it is not like the C/D cell reflectors.

Just forget about the LED... If you want LED you can just get a ML25LT or other LED Malites...

Not a simple 1 2 3 but can be done.

19mm socket to the top of the switch, about 3-5 good whacks towards the tail and you get this...

^^ this is the LED assembly.

^^ top one has a TL3 bulb, and 1 amp Li-ions, bottom a 4 cell bulb and LifePo4's

^^ the gap filler material

^^ the 2 cell LT

^^ the modified 2 cell IT
    Last edited by bykfixer; 11-23-2017 at 06:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bykfixer View Post
    Looks like you're good and stocked up on these.

I hope it's the next classic instead of the last classic by MagLite and was very happy to see this one in incan.

Check out the 3 cell model when you can.

Here's a 3 cell version next to the classic 2C.

Edit:
    Did you get some with ultra-low serial numbers?
    One of mine was #00000109 ⊙▁⊙
    2C is my favorite light
    My 2C-cell black ML25ITs are 000003XX and the silver one is 000009XX