Olight S10R baton issues

gordtherogue

Newly Enlightened
So I bought my first Olight last year, a S10R Baton back in October of last year. All it's ever been used for is light duty (pun intended) around the house. I had to RMA it in November. My 13 year old was using it today, and it went out again. I'm currently waiting to hear back from Olight. Has anybody else had this many issue with this particular light, or Olights in general?

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have around 25 Olights, and other than the "r" series rechargeables that had well documented problems, I only had one problem- a titanium S10 that had UI problems regardless the battery type. I sent it back and it was fixed and returned. Any of my contact with Olight was positive, but it usually took a few calls before I spoke with an actual technician, but they were almost always very helpful. I tend to use and abuse my Olights-they are intended to be used heavily and if broken beyond repair, well, the original investment was inexpensive enough to toss it and not think twice. I will say that I have 2-3 of every S-model so even if one is broken or lost I can keep moving forward. I also have several S-1's too. I have all the versions in titanium for when weight is a concern. I have a copper S-1 and would love to have them all in copper. In their price range, FourSevens is only light that works better (and I cannot bring myself to toss a FourSevens light ever-they just get Lego'd into a new light)...

TA_ls1

Enlightened
I had an s10rii for almost a month, but a few nights ago I had to send it back. I was charging it and after I took it off the charger, it wouldn't turn on. I tested different batteries and cleaned it etc, so I know it was an internal problem. I emailed them to ask about it, but no response yet.

It was my favorite edc light until that. Now I'm afraid to buy another. Could the problem be in the built in charging? Would an s1 be a safer choice or are there issues with that as well?

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
Happy to report my aluminum S-1's, brass, copper, rose gold, titanium all work flawlessly(except the rare occasion when I suffer brain fade and put the battery in positive side first)... The titanium and original aluminum has seen a lot of use and have been every bit as good as day 1 with no problems...My confidence in them is high....

wensynch

Newly Enlightened
^ Lol. You must really like the S1. Like really, really like.

That's OK. I like it quite a lot too, being the latest Olight I've bought, making it 5. My current EDC. Comparable lumen to the standard size lights, smaller than an AAA, good power management for tiny form factor.

Zero issues on any of my Olights.

I really like Olight.

gordtherogue

Newly Enlightened
LOL. I guess I didn't do enough research, I didn't realize the R series had that many issues. The charging base was what drew me to the light in the first place. I have faith that Olight's CS will take care of the problem again.

iacchus

Enlightened
I had a S1 Ti for almost a whole day. Initially loved the little guy. Lots of light in a tiny package, good looks to boot.
Was working on a dishwasher and the light fell from where I had it stuck to the door (love the magnetic tail cap) less than a foot onto a tiled floor. Not hard or far enough to leave a single mark on the light.
Light was dead, wouldn't turn on. Head got wicked hot if a battery was put in it, as well.

I returned it and won't be buying another. Great little light, but I just don't see myself trusting one to carry every day after that. I use the crap out of my lights.

andrewnewman

Enlightened
So I bought my first Olight last year, a S10R Baton back in October of last year. All it's ever been used for is light duty (pun intended) around the house. I had to RMA it in November. My 13 year old was using it today, and it went out again. I'm currently waiting to hear back from Olight. Has anybody else had this many issue with this particular light, or Olights in general?
The S10R has some issues with the way the charge-enabling mechanism in the tailcap functions. See http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?411452-Making-the-Olight-S10R-More-Reliable for some hints.

Javora

Enlightened
I had a S1 Ti for almost a whole day. Initially loved the little guy. Lots of light in a tiny package, good looks to boot.
Was working on a dishwasher and the light fell from where I had it stuck to the door (love the magnetic tail cap) less than a foot onto a tiled floor. Not hard or far enough to leave a single mark on the light.
Light was dead, wouldn't turn on. Head got wicked hot if a battery was put in it, as well...

It's amazing, I've seen a cellphone drop over a 2 story building and still work with nothing more than a cracked plastic case or screen. But try dropping a LED flashlight more than a few feet and it breaks...

iacchus

Enlightened
It's amazing, I've seen a cellphone drop over a 2 story building and still work with nothing more than a cracked plastic case or screen. But try dropping a LED flashlight more than a few feet and it breaks...
Some of them. Yeah.

Others, I swear I could beat an alligator to death with them and then use them to hammer the nails for the coffin and they wouldn't blink once.

I tend toward the latter these days.

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast

Just theoretical 2 cents. A mobile phone's crashing parts consume the hit energy, loosely attached circuitry works like a damper to the most sensitive parts. A flashlight body does not crush or bend, a driver and a led block most often are hard mounted inside a light. So, the hit g-force is being transferred absolutely NOT dissipated to the internal parts. That's the difference.

gordtherogue

Newly Enlightened
So good news, I contacted Olight's CS and they had me send my light back so that they could replace it with the S10R II. I have the new light in hand less that a week after I contacted them. Thank you much Olight.