Is Zebralight releasing any updated AA flashlights this year?

michaelmcgo

Enlightened
I'm planning to update my 14500 based light this year (I'm still running an original Quark). Is Zebralight updating their AA/14500 lights past the XM-L2 this year?

emarkd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Like the guy above says, the spreadsheet doesn't show anything and Zebralight is pretty good about putting stuff there. Sometimes rumors float around first though but I don't recall seeing anything like that. Anything can happen of course, but it doesn't seem likely anytime soon. SC5w is still an awesome AA light though, especially if you're an eneloop user.

derfyled

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would really like to see a 2 x AA Zebralight. 800-1000 lumens, plenty of runtime. The option for neutral white 2 x AA is pretty limited and a longer SC5 or SC52 would be awesome for me...

markr6

Flashaholic
I would really like to see a 2 x AA Zebralight. 800-1000 lumens, plenty of runtime. The option for neutral white 2 x AA is pretty limited and a longer SC5 or SC52 would be awesome for me...

That would be nice. Some think ZL should focus on small, compact lights. Well, they're doing OK there...so time to open it up a bit! A 2xAA would be easy to make.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm planning to update my 14500 based light this year (I'm still running an original Quark). Is Zebralight updating their AA/14500 lights past the XM-L2 this year?

This year I have got three new Zebralight AA lights: SC5w, SC52w L2 and H52w. And within a few days I am waiting for the arrival of an SC52d(it was on a sale) and H502W L2.

I think Zebralight 1AA are the finest single AA lights available. And I just think I hardly can have too many of them! But I would like that Zebralight would release a thrower option with XL-L HI and larger reflector. Shoud be awesome!

I agree. The same design and UI but longer body. Would be great!

derfyled

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glad to see I'm not the only one thinking a 2 x AA Zebra would be great. Another way of doing it for zebra would be side by side. The grip would be great without making it too long. This design could have 2 LED, one mule and one with a reflector. Think of it as a D20A SWM built with the ZL touch... dream light for me.

Last edited:

gangstead

Newly Enlightened
While nothing is on their spreadsheet you can tell from there that it seems like they release lights in phases of the same battery size. Currently they are on a streak of 18650s, probably switch over to releasing 18650 headlamps soon. Their oldest lights and headlamps are AA so maybe they'll be up next for replacement. Then again they only have 2 CR123 flashlights out right now so maybe those will be next (or maybe they are just focusing on AA?). I have no idea, but it's fun to speculate based on the sheet.

StorminMatt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think that three formats Zebralight should consider are 2xAA, 1x26650, and 4xAA. But they should do 2xAA first because of the popularity of that format AND because that format is SO in need of better lights than those currently available.

recDNA

Flashaholic
Sounds like the sc32 may be the last CR123A flashlight for ZL?

marinemaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
The SC5 is 3.2 inch and one extra AA is one inch so it would make it roughly 4.2 inch. Most 2xAA are 6 inch or longer. Even most 2xAAA are 5 inch. If they could make 2xAA at about 4.2 inch it would be VERY pocketable. My standard of pocket ability is the SF 6P at 5.2 inch. So 4.2 inch in a ZL with a side click would be perfect.
C'mon ZL make it for us please [emoji2]
Even a limited run of say 500 or 1000 to test the market would be great. I would be all over it.

Last edited:

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Agreed a 2AA ZL under 4.5" would be awesome and I imagine they could get 600+ lumens from it with their drivers. They already get 500+ lumens from a single AA so 600+ lumens, or closer to 1000, should be possible for at least short bursts.

StorminMatt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe a side by side AA....

Side by side might fit better in the pocket. But inline fits better in the hand. As far as size, they could make a 2AA smaller by basing it on the SC52 rather than the SC5.

Last edited: