123 lights that pocket as well as the X5T?

Aux

Newly Enlightened
I am currently toting an X5T-HA around as an EDC, not because it is the brightest, but because it fits in my pockets very well. Basically a smooth cylinder, I can carry it comfortably without "unsightly buldges" or difficulty in removal from the pocket.

I had considered an E1e or E2e, but from the pictures, it appears that the bezel design is a bit bigger, with the angular flats, and may not sit in the front pocket of jeans as well. I am sure they clip very well, but I am looking for non-cliped carry. Am I incorrect on these?

What other options in 123 cell lights might be a bit brighter, or have more throw, without being mich bigger than the X5T?

Does anyone have any pics of the X5T and the E1e/E2e side by side for size comparison?

paulr

Flashaholic
The X5T is a fairly big light! The smallest 123-powered LED light is the Firefly, which you can find on BST pretty regularly. Next smallest commonly found one is the Arc LS in its many variations. See www.arcflashlight.com for those. The incandescent Tekna Splashlite ($15 at www.tek-tite.com) also pockets very well but in other regards probably isn't what you want.

Aux

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
paulr said:
The X5T is a fairly big light!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, it is at the upper limit for pocket carry for me.

artar

Enlightened
i carry an E2e :

DSC01770_S.jpg

Mahasamatman

Newly Enlightened
Depends whether cost is an issue, and how much brightness and/or throw you need. High end $$$- Arc 4+. Intermediate $$ - ARC LS series or Surefire E1e /L4 head (TW4). Lower expense $ (but still not cheap) - E1e /KL1 head.

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
My vote for the Arc LS as well. Single 123 with more throw and brightness than the X5t. If you're too used to the size of the X5t, then use the LS with the 2AA batterypack, its just slightly longer than the X5t.

roguesw

Enlightened
how about an L4? form factor is identical to the x5t in terms of length, i think its longer by 1-2mm, but powerful 5watt in such a small package, runs on 2x123's
a lot of light for a small package.

Latest posts