EagleTac D25A2 mini vs 4Sevens Mini M2A

bryan123

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for any suggestions. I'm going to buy one of the two and I'd like to get the right one.

Last edited:

sticktodrum

Enlightened
I'd go with the EagleTac. You get a tail clicky, a more robust pocket clip, and the option of different LEDs. You can get the D25 light in CW or NW, and EagleTac has always had excellent NW tints on their lights.

Generally, I go for them over FourSevens. If FourSevens has a special edition NW light, I'll pick that up for fun.

jonnyfgroove

Enlightened
Eagletac. I have (or have had) the single cell version of both of these. The 4sevens have all failed (about 4 of them) from normal use. The D25a is my favorite EDC and has been dropped hard on concrete with no issues.

EDIT: My original post was way too harsh on FourSevens. The Minis are fantastic lights and their amazing customer service WILL take care of you if there are any issues. I should also add that the lights I mentioned worked well for a long time before any problems occurred.

Last edited:

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would also go with the Eagletac as in my humble opinion one of the best EDC lights on the market in any flavour.

bryan123

Newly Enlightened
I believe the OP is talking about the D25A2 Mini which is a twisty.

That is indeed correct. I want a 2-AA twisty that's 5 inches in length or less, that has a clip and can tail stand.

Thanks for allowing the opportunity to clarify.

bryan123

Newly Enlightened
I'd go with the EagleTac. You get a tail clicky, a more robust pocket clip, and the option of different LEDs. You can get the D25 light in CW or NW, and EagleTac has always had excellent NW tints on their lights.

Generally, I go for them over FourSevens. If FourSevens has a special edition NW light, I'll pick that up for fun.

Thanks, what's CW and NW and which one do I want??? If I order from Amazon how do I specify CW vs NW?

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast

I think the Foursevens A2 is a Twisty only?

Anyways, Another vote for EagleTac here. They both seem to have basically the same features. I like the look of ET better.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the Foursevens A2 is a Twisty only?

Anyways, Another vote for EagleTac here. They both seem to have basically the same features. I like the look of ET better.

And the holster is proper decent kit not like the pony poo normally sent.

sticktodrum

Enlightened
If you order on Amazon, you only really have the option of neutral white. You'd have to go to another retailer and ask for neutral white with that light.

Neutral white has a color temperature closer to 4500k, so the light is closer to a yellow/orange than a bluish white. If you do a quick search for cool vs neutral white you will see the differences in tint. It's really personal preference.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would go with the D25A2 Clicky if you can deal with a clicky because then you can get a Nichia 219 emitter which has a much nicer tint and is much higher CRI then the CW or NW options.

ingineer

Newly Enlightened
Another vote for the EagleTac, most of the 4Sevens are now sitting in a jar on the desk.
i now have two single cell made by them, bought the D25C Ti and liked it so much bought the D25A

ronniepudding

Enlightened
Eagletac D25A2 Mini and Foursevens Mini M2A are very similar lights... Similar modes/spacing, similar twisty UI, similar body/head size, bolt-on clips on both, and both TMK are available only with XP-G2 in cool white. I believe both use PWM. Both manufacturers are well-regarded. I don't think you can go wrong with either. I know that's not especially helpful in making a decision. ;)

If only to be contrary, I'd go with Foursevens... I've purchased a number of Eagletac lights (including 3 Minis in 1xAA format) and a significant percentage of them were defective and had to be returned or exchanged. Buying from reputable USA dealers, that wasn't a big problem for me per se... but still a PITA, and I concluded anecdotally from my sampling that QA on the Eagtac Minis is not stellar. You mileage may vary, and I hope it does.

I've had a much better success rate on Foursevens and Olight purchases in terms of their QA. And if I do get a lemon from Foursevens, I'm confident that their customer service dept will resolve the issue without my having to ship a light to China.

I want to be clear that I'm not bashing Eagletac... I've got 4 of them, and enjoy them very much. I've given several away as gifts, and never heard any complaints. Among other things, Eagletac has great emitter choice and consistency (I can't say that about Foursevens)... but just not on the D25 Mini line.

jondextan

Newly Enlightened
I would go with the D25A2 Clicky if you can deal with a clicky because then you can get a Nichia 219 emitter which has a much nicer tint and is much higher CRI then the CW or NW options.

I agree. I've been doing a lot of reading on 2xAA and this one's on top. I snatched a slightly used one off ebay last week, great deal. So lucky!