• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Body extensions for Mac's EDC series and others

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Body extensions for Mac's EDC series lights

Anyone still think an 18500 extender wouldn't be pretty sweet?

ok folks, want to collect interest in these. I want to offer up 15mm extensions, so with 1 extension, you can run an 18500, and with 2 extensions, you can run an IMR 18650...

I was going to have 2 prototypes made in copper for myself, but cost for one extension was nearly the cost of the light new.... so need some quantity...

please indicate quantity and metal (Ti, Brass, Copper, Aluminum) you would be interested in.

Original Thread here:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...in-Body-Extension-for-TRI-EDC-SST-50-and-XM-L

design is just simply smooth to match Mac's lights, but the extensions could also be used on the Hanko Twisted Trident, but not with the Okluma TinyDC very well)

The original post was some years old, and the estimated price was his.

I've seen the V10R extension tubes for $10-$40 depending on metal. my hope would be to stay in that range, but I really have no idea at the moment. obviously the higher qty, the less expensive they will be...

*** edit ***
NOTICE: I'm concerned about Ti for these extensions... of the 7 Ti EDC series lights I've had go through here, 2 of them (newer Tri-EDCs) had issues lego-ing with my other Macs. have never had an issue with any of the other metals... I have examples of all the metal types still, but not either of those two lights that had issues. I'll try to have the tolerances loosened up a bit if possible on the threading when I get to a point of placing an order...

Last edited:

archimedes

Flashaholic
Might want to repost the estimated price, and especially if that will be more in the other metals.

And how much commitment are you asking for here ?

bubble

Enlightened
Interested in two Ti extensions in order to run either 18500 and 18650 batteries..
Awesome project Mcbrat, as usual from you ;)

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast
And why does it not fit Okluma that well?

while the threading is the same, the depth of engine in the head is different, so an Okluma head on a Mac body does not seat fully.

for a Mac head on an Okluma body, the o-ring needs to be removed for the head to fully seat. Mac has a smaller o-ring, and it's recessed further. so the extension would work on a Tiny DC, but you'd need to remove the o-ring on the body...

attachment.php

DellSuperman

Flashlight Enthusiast
while the threading is the same, the depth of engine in the head is different, so an Okluma head on a Mac body does not seat fully.

for a Mac head on an Okluma body, the o-ring needs to be removed for the head to fully seat. Mac has a smaller o-ring, and it's recessed further. so the extension would work on a Tiny DC, but you'd need to remove the o-ring on the body...

attachment.php
Ahh, thanks for the explanation..
I really hope this project gets sufficient interest to push down the pricing.