Never thought I would be impressed with a store bought flashlight.

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay, generally, store purchased flashlights aren't as good as those which are usually purchased online. However, I got curious at Target, the other day, and picked up the Energizer Vision HD 2AA, . . . which has three small LEDs with two small throw-ish optics, and one flood optic. I have to say that I am impressed with the output, the beam color, and the beam pattern. Amazed really,....considering it's made by Energizer. The packaging claims 300 lumens, and I'm certain that it does at least that. There is a nice wide beam with generous flood, wider than a typical one CREE LED with deep reflector....making it more useful in some ways. And the beam color is more on the warm side. Quite impressed!

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Okay, generally, store purchased flashlights aren't as good as those which are usually purchased online. However, I got curious at Target, the other day, and picked up the Energizer Vision HD 2AA, . . . which has three small LEDs with two small throw-ish optics, and one flood optic. I have to say that I am impressed with the output, the beam color, and the beam pattern. Amazed really,....considering it's made by Energizer. The packaging claims 300 lumens, and I'm certain that it does at least that. There is a nice wide beam with generous flood, wider than a typical one CREE LED with deep reflector....making it more useful in some ways. And the beam color is more on the warm side. Quite impressed!

CNC machinery is a beautiful thing!
Energizer has done a few good products lately. Polished alluminum bodies with servicable switches, well fitting assemblies and fairly nice neutral beams.

Many lights coming out of Asia are built out of the same parts n pieces as those 'other' lights. That's a good thing.
While some go out of the 'let the buyer be the QC guy' door, Energizer seems to have some rolling out of good side of the factory as well.

It's a great time to be a flashlight owner.

Last edited:

Skeeterg

Enlightened
I googled the light you are talking about, and I liked that 3aaa vision model light they have. Heck,it's only 12 bucks to. You have a good eye for a budget light.

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks guys. In the age where it seems like you have to spend a lot of money for a decent light, it is cool that some companies like Energizer are currently producing decent lights, and the one I got certainly is a good one. I know it won't be as good as the more expensive lights, I just was amazed that I COULD be amazed by a store light. :)

stephenk

Enlightened
The Energiser 3 in 1 light is also a great flashlight and area light. It is my primary light in case of power outages. The area light has a lovely smooth 180 degree beam. Energizer seem to have good designers.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is good to look in the retail sheds and I do it as often as time allows.At the time of writing have 4 shop bought lights which are getting their Eneloops charged and a quick wipe down and a re-lube.I have been well pleased with all my non-branded lights even a little £3 light off the bay from China(Just one output about 50 lumens top I guess powered by AA) still working well after 5 years.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
A couple of 'jewelry' lights I found in auto part stores. Simple off/on action.

They're actually pretty good aa cell flashlights... Reverse clicky prevents momentary, but great light to give to (non flashaholic) folks you care about.